What's new

Location Services - How Reliable?

John Percival

Reaction score
I have a question..If I visit a city about 1 hour from mine, and stay for 4-5 hours, visiting just one or two places, say, a restaurant or small strip mall, should this be logged in location services EVERY time? Is there a chance that it might not be recorded? I think my son is lying about where he went because he said he went to a city an hour away, however this city, or any locations in it, appear nowhere in his location services..Help?

Thanks, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether or not it is possible for location services NOT to log a location in another city while being ON. ie, if it was ON, and someone went to X city, should an entry for said city 100% be in there? Again this is considering the phone is on as well as location services enabled. Thanks!

Thanks, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether or not it is possible for location services NOT to log a location in another city while being ON. ie, if it was ON, and someone went to X city, should an entry for said city 100% be in there? Again this is considering the phone is on as well as location services enabled. Thanks!

Are you talking about frequent locations? I’m a bit unclear on your question.

Are you talking about frequent locations? I’m a bit unclear on your question.

Yes...When you go into privacy/location services, and there's a list of places you have visited and for how long..For example, home, work, various businesses, etc..He said he spent the day in the city of London however there is no entry there for London..Now, he didn't visit 'frequently', just once, but I have seen other locations logged that were only visited once...Basically I'm trying to find out if he is lying to me. I don't want to say anything based on what SHOULD be in location services/frequent locations if it is suspect/fickle.

I follow my daughters location all the time too, but as far as I know, it doesn't keep an actual log, just frequently logged places (like school, home, grandma's, etc.). When I know my daughter will be a such and such place between certain times, I check her location now and then during that time.