What's new

Jammed voice

TerryQ

Reaction score
I cannot use my week-old 4s. Help! I can't stop the voice reading every word or key tap. It asks for the pass
code but it does not register when entered. I have tried pressing the home key 3 times without result. I have
also tried a hard reset to no avail. Suggestions will be gratefully
welcomed.

T.

Sent from my iPad.

TerryQ said:
I cannot use my week-old 4s. Help! I can't stop the voice reading every word or key tap. It asks for the pass
code but it does not register when entered. I have tried pressing the home key 3 times without result. I have
also tried a hard reset to no avail. Suggestions will be gratefully
welcomed.

T.

Sent from my iPad.

Can you get into the phone at all?

If you can you need to get into settings/general/accessibility.

Turn off Voice Over, Speak Selection & Speak Autotext settings

Many thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, I cannot get past the Enter Passcode screen. When I enter my code the voice repeats each digit but the numbers do no appear in the password fields. This situation remains even after a hard reset.

T.

TerryQ said:
Many thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, I cannot get past the Enter Passcode screen. When I enter my code the voice repeats each digit but the numbers do no appear in the password fields. This situation remains even after a hard reset.

T.

Think it is time visit an Apple store, but perhaps try a default restore from itunes first, not sure if the wrong password will stop you though?

Did you try to triple-click the Home button? If left in default, this will cancel the voice assistant and return your phone to the default.

I did the same thing to my iPhone the same day I got it; the store showed me this trick to revert it back to normal mode.