What's new

Jailbroken iPhone 4, trying to restore it but iTunes cannot find it.

Babygoth17

Reaction score
I purchased an iPhone 4 on the weekend. The man said the phone would go to the apple screen then blank. My friend managed to "reboot" it and it was working but I didn't want it jailbroken, then I stupidly tried to restore it not really knowing what I was doing. I've done the DFU thing and the iPhone screen comes up with connect to iTunes. I had the phone connected via usb to the computer the whole time and iTunes open but iTunes didn't come up with any message. I checked 'my computer' and it knows there is an iphone connected but it's just not in the devices part of iTunes. I just want to set it up like its a new phone!
I have no idea what to do! Please help me! Thank you :)

come out of DFU mode and chk whether itunes is detecting iphone or not. if itunes is able to detect iphone u can directly restore from itunes no need to keep in DFU mode. if itunes not detected iphone then try chaning USB cable

come out of DFU mode and chk whether itunes is detecting iphone or not. if itunes is able to detect iphone u can directly restore from itunes no need to keep in DFU mode. if itunes not detected iphone then try chaning USB cable
Have also tried that. :( wish the stupid thing hadn't been jailbroken!