What's new

Jailbreaking was easy. I have NO idea how to get apps/tweaks.

GoPackGo

Reaction score
It took me hours to back up my iPhone before I jailbroke it. By the way, the apps didn't come back.. so unless someone knows a short cut I'm going to have to redownload them all. But as my iPhone was backing up I watched a lot of youtubes and compiled a list of jailbroken apps I would like.

I've googled walkthroughs and there must be something I'm missing. I can't find anything in Cydia (except some of the paid ones). Here is my list... if someone could pick one and show me how to find it I would be forever grateful.

When I open "sections", very few show up there. It might have something to do with me selecting "User" when I first opened it? Maybe? I was told I could change this setting if I wanted to but I can't find out how to do it. I feel like such an idiot. Help. :( My phone is pretty useless jailbroken right now.

SBSettings
CyDelete
Winterboard
Springtomize 2
FolderEnhancer
3G Unrestrictor 5
Assistant Extensions
Reveal
Switchy
Forecast
Fusion
Firebreak
Infi folder
Barrel
SuperSwitcher
Infinidock
Cascade
ColoredKnob
Lorem
FastBlurredNotificationCenter
FastStatus
GridTab For Safari
HeadPhoneLauncher
Deepend
Simplexity

Last edited:
Alright I figured it out. But for someone else who might have this problem (because the answer was hard to find via Google):

Simply go into Changes and tap refresh/reload. Worked wonderfully.

Most of the tweaks you selected are paid tweaks....This is where the newbie to jailbreaking starts to go wrong....like a kid in a sweet shop you start loading up your iPhone with Cydia tweaks and apps and wonder why you getting poor battery usage...iPhone running slow.... It's easy to install free(pirate repo) version of the tweaks listed and again this can cause your iPhone to be erratic....

I've only purchased Forecast and I think one other one. Everything else I have gotten so far is free.

FYI - To change your status from USER to HACKER or DEVELOPER in Cydia go to Manage tab...Settings(top left corner)

iTunes backup does not backup the actual apps themselves, it only backs up the settings. Apps are stored locally in your iTunes library, if you restored your device you will have to resync the apps.