What's new

Jailbreak went wrong but so right

soskie

Reaction score
So i jail broke two iphone 4g running the same firmware with a tethered jailbreak and now one of the phones works as if it was untethered(reboots without the aid of a computer) I was wondering if anyone knows what might cause this. Thanks edit- i used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4_1

Last edited:
Is it possible that the jailbreak didn't work on the one that boots untethered?

If you don't install apps/tweaks from cydia that are needed to be installed into certain parts of the file system it will boot up. If you install things like winterboard or sb settings the phone won't boot. Also cydia and cydia apps won't work when you reboot untethered...

If you don't install apps/tweaks from cydia that are needed to be installed into certain parts of the file system it will boot up. If you install things like winterboard or sb settings the phone won't boot. Also cydia and cydia apps won't work when you reboot untethered...

^^ This is the answer... I had it happen to me yesterday.

You aren't booting tethered, and you haven't installed anything that is effecting the boot up yet. Boot tethered and everything should work.

^^ This is the answer... I had it happen to me yesterday.

You aren't booting tethered, and you haven't installed anything that is effecting the boot up yet. Boot tethered and everything should work.

it had both winterboard and sb settings as well as barrel I guess it was just unique.