What's new

Jailbreak for iOS 10.1-10.1.1 released

There's a jailbreak for 10.2 out now. Much more stable than the one for 10.1.1. But currently only supports 6S, 6SPlus, SE and iPadPro (both screen sizes). Enjoy!

There's a jailbreak for 10.2 out now. Much more stable than the one for 10.1.1. But currently only supports 6S, 6SPlus, SE and iPadPro (both screen sizes). Enjoy!
The OP has an iPhone 6 Plus, so this wouldn't be of any help. Also, this is a beta release so instability and bugs can be expected. It's really intended for jailbreak developers at this time.

Last edited:
The OP has an iPhone 6 Plus, so this wouldn't be of any help. Also, this is a beta release so instability and bugs can be expected. It's really intended for jailbreak developers at this time.

These Yalu's will never be out of beta. So that's no longer really an issue that should motivate people one way or the other. I've been on the inner circle of these JB teams for months - and while I agree Yalu for 10.1.1 was pretty shaky and deserved the moniker "beta". This 10.2 one is rock stable. No one should fear it. In fact the side loaded semi-tether JB tools like these and 9.3.3 shouldn't ever really be feared as their nature makes boot looping impossible. You're always able to hard reboot into non-jailbroken mode. And get rid of the offending tweak.

And I'm the OP of this thread, Sci.. [emoji12] And I'm on 7Plus.

These Yalu's will never be out of beta. So that's no longer really an issue that should motivate people one way or the other. I've been on the inner circle of these JB teams for months - and while I agree Yalu for 10.1.1 was pretty shaky and deserved the moniker "beta". This 10.2 one is rock stable. No one should fear it. In fact the side loaded semi-tether JB tools like these and 9.3.3 shouldn't ever really be feared as their nature makes boot looping impossible. You're always able to hard reboot into non-jailbroken mode. And get rid of the offending tweak.

And I'm the OP of this thread, Sci.. [emoji12] And I'm on 7Plus.
Sorry, I was actually referring to the member who made post #15.

Hi guys I have a big problem my 7 Plus 10.1.1 Jailbreak :
I install compactible tweaks for 10.1.1 but its doing resping or reboot or try to pass safemode
I delete cydia substrate and clean with iCleaner Pro and resping it and I started again installing progress but its give same problem.

What I supposed to do?

Thnx guys

Hi guys I have a big problem my 7 Plus 10.1.1 Jailbreak :
I install compactible tweaks for 10.1.1 but its doing resping or reboot or try to pass safemode
I delete cydia substrate and clean with iCleaner Pro and resping it and I started again installing progress but its give same problem.

What I supposed to do?

Thnx guys

There are many things you have to understand to make this JB work. I will copy and paste my full tutorial from another forum here next. One moment.. follow it EXACTLY! This is NOT for users of 10.2!!! Only 10.1.1 Yalu Beta 3.

Here’s the main video to walk you through how to GET jailbroken..

Get Impactor and the YALU JB tool (Mach_Portal) from here.. ONLY USE THE BETA "3" YALU TOOL FROM THERE!!!
https://yalu.qwertyoruiop.com/

Here’s the YouTube showing you how to get the SubstrateFix on your phone that will be used in place of any respringing offered in Cydia, Most Tweaks (iCleanerPro respringing works now) like Anemone & how to use it..

Here’s how to fix your LTE (not working unless Roaming is on after JB tool) and your FaceTime and iMessage not using your phone number anymore to start new conversations - only your AppleID email..)
How to Fix LTE, FaceTime, and iMessage Issues With the Yalu Jailbreak Beta - iClarified
After you run that - switch FaceTime and iMessage OFF then BACK ON (In Settings) to bring things back to normal. And Turn Roaming ON and back OFF in Settings--> Cellular

-----------------------
Here are the ‘pitfalls’ you discover along the way running this buggy buggy JB:
1) When you click on the Mach Portal app - a white screen for 7-10 sec then a "crash" is good (disappear of the app = crash {not to be confused with a safe mode crash}). The crash of the JB tool means you're JB'en. If an auto-reboot happens (you see screen go black then the apple logo - after mach portal app is clicked - it didn't work. You have to click the tool again after the reboot (until you see the white screen crash away after 8-10 sec.

2) If Cydia is missing or text in Cydia is missing (can't see words) Cydia is in an unstable state. Delete the MachPortal tool from in Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and start again using Impactor. (If you're a developer you won't have DeviceManagement - so just put icons in wiggle mode and delete MachPortal from SB). If you've tried all that and Cydia still won't appear - ssh into your phone from a computer using Terminal. Start by entering this command: ssh [email protected] (ip address there being the wifi address your phone is on). Then once you see you're into your phone - run the command: uicache ---You should then see Cydia.

3) Black screen for a long time means something has crashed - hard reboot necessary.
• On 7/7Plus.. Power button + Volume down button for 5-8 seconds to hard reboot.
• On 6S/6SPlus/SE and iPadPro Power button + Home button for 5-8 seconds then release.. Then power button again to restart.
-----------------------
After JB successfully installed you need Substrate Fix app - from this repo : 83.218.67.215/~ijapija00/cydia/. (See video above) After it installs - if black screen.. hard reboot.. then reJB.

Now-- let's install NoPageDots7 to test if a simple tweak works. BUT from here on out..
After any tweak you install with Cydia OR after making changes from within tweaks like Iconoclasm/Anemone that require a respring from IN the tweak - DO NOT click on |RESTART SPRINGBOARD| (in Cydia) nor on |RESPRING| in other tweaks . Instead -- Double click on the home button to bring up App Switcher and delete Cydia or Anemone or, etc from switcher memory - then only and ever use the Substrate Fix app (single click on it) to Respring.***

In Anemone DO click on PREVIEW.. but then quit out of Switcher and use the Substrate Fix*** app to respring. DON'T hit APPLY in Anemone.

*** I've learned since I wrote this that using SubstrateFix to do ALL respringing is not the best choice. Please download Respring+ (by Ian Nicoll) from Cydia. And use IT to do all respringing for basic stuff like Anemone updates and updates to Iconoclasm, etc..
-------------------
Two things you need to do to get Cydia working more like you're used to. 1) add this repo: apt.saurik.com/beta/cydia-arm64/. After you load that you should see indication that's there's an Essential update waiting. Install it. 2) Then there's also a fix for Cydia now that will allow you to respring from inside of Cydia too.. Load the repo--> gmoran.me/repo/ and install the tweak Cydia RespringFix. But this still quit out of Cydia via App Switcher this once and respring with SubFix. But from here on you'll be able to RESTART SPRINGBOARD inside Cydia with no problems.
--------------------
iCleanerPro from Ivano's beta website.. will also let you respring from inside it with no troubles..
ib-soft.net/cydia/beta/
-------------------
The CERT you trusted in Settings-->Device Management after you installed the .ipa file (MachPortal Tool) - will run out in 7 days. Set a calendar event on your phone to go off every 6 days.. At that time - any time during 6th day - reboot into non-JB mode. Then go into Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and delete the Trusted App.. Then simply get back on your computer and reload the MachPortal (.IPA file) tool.. Retrust the cert in Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and reJB using the tool waiting for the White Screen crash thingie. And then clik on Substrate Fix to respring.. All your settings will come back.. You don't need to TOUCH ANYTHING with Cydia or your tweaks when you reload the CERT after 7 days.. They will all be untouched.. And no need to fix LTE/iMessage or FaceTime again. All good there too.

Sometimes Substrate Fix app will also force you into REBOOT.. Just reJailbreak and hit Substrate fix.

THIS REJB -- and auto-Rebooting - thing will sometimes take 5-10 times before you're reJB again.!!!!! WELCOME TO LIVING WILD WITH THIS JB..

• Be prepared for both iFile and Filza to have their own issues. iFile, if you stay in it tool long, will auto Reboot your phone.. and off we go again.. trying to get reJB.. Things are smoothest on 6S/7 from what we've heard. Plus phones are buggier.

• If you're used to using Apple File Conduit 2 for use with iFunBox - be prepared to reinstall AFC2 after every reboot. It gets knocked out and rendered useless after each reboot. A simple reinstall will make iFunBox see your 'var' folder again from your computer.

• No need to add OpenSSH as it's already a part of the jailbreak tool.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK OF TIME AND FRUSTRATION!!!!

I will not have time to hand-hold people who just want a JB but aren't veterans. Not trying to be mean. Just telling you the reality. This is still a BETA Jailbreak - meant for developers. Once you get used to its quirks (which veterans can accommodate quickly) you can do just fine. But it's a real frustrating JB at this point.

Here’s the main video to walk you through how to GET jailbroken..

Get Impactor and the YALU JB tool (Mach_Portal) from here.. ONLY USE THE BETA "3" YALU TOOL FROM THERE!!!
https://yalu.qwertyoruiop.com/

Here’s the YouTube showing you how to get the SubstrateFix on your phone that will be used in place of any respringing offered in Cydia, Most Tweaks (iCleanerPro respringing works now) like Anemone & how to use it..

Here’s how to fix your LTE (not working unless Roaming is on after JB tool) and your FaceTime and iMessage not using your phone number anymore to start new conversations - only your AppleID email..)
How to Fix LTE, FaceTime, and iMessage Issues With the Yalu Jailbreak Beta - iClarified
After you run that - switch FaceTime and iMessage OFF then BACK ON (In Settings) to bring things back to normal. And Turn Roaming ON and back OFF in Settings--> Cellular

-----------------------
Here are the ‘pitfalls’ you discover along the way running this buggy buggy JB:
1) When you click on the Mach Portal app - a white screen for 7-10 sec then a "crash" is good (disappear of the app = crash {not to be confused with a safe mode crash}). The crash of the JB tool means you're JB'en. If an auto-reboot happens (you see screen go black then the apple logo - after mach portal app is clicked - it didn't work. You have to click the tool again after the reboot (until you see the white screen crash away after 8-10 sec.

2) If Cydia is missing or text in Cydia is missing (can't see words) Cydia is in an unstable state. Delete the MachPortal tool from in Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and start again using Impactor. (If you're a developer you won't have DeviceManagement - so just put icons in wiggle mode and delete MachPortal from SB). If you've tried all that and Cydia still won't appear - ssh into your phone from a computer using Terminal. Start by entering this command: ssh [email protected] (ip address there being the wifi address your phone is on). Then once you see you're into your phone - run the command: uicache ---You should then see Cydia.

3) Black screen for a long time means something has crashed - hard reboot necessary.
• On 7/7Plus.. Power button + Volume down button for 5-8 seconds to hard reboot.
• On 6S/6SPlus/SE and iPadPro Power button + Home button for 5-8 seconds then release.. Then power button again to restart.
-----------------------
After JB successfully installed you need Substrate Fix app - from this repo : 83.218.67.215/~ijapija00/cydia/. (See video above) After it installs - if black screen.. hard reboot.. then reJB.

Now-- let's install NoPageDots7 to test if a simple tweak works. BUT from here on out..
After any tweak you install with Cydia OR after making changes from within tweaks like Iconoclasm/Anemone that require a respring from IN the tweak - DO NOT click on |RESTART SPRINGBOARD| (in Cydia) nor on |RESPRING| in other tweaks . Instead -- Double click on the home button to bring up App Switcher and delete Cydia or Anemone or, etc from switcher memory - then only and ever use the Substrate Fix app (single click on it) to Respring.***

In Anemone DO click on PREVIEW.. but then quit out of Switcher and use the Substrate Fix*** app to respring. DON'T hit APPLY in Anemone.

*** I've learned since I wrote this that using SubstrateFix to do ALL respringing is not the best choice. Please download Respring+ (by Ian Nicoll) from Cydia. And use IT to do all respringing for basic stuff like Anemone updates and updates to Iconoclasm, etc..
-------------------
Two things you need to do to get Cydia working more like you're used to. 1) add this repo: apt.saurik.com/beta/cydia-arm64/. After you load that you should see indication that's there's an Essential update waiting. Install it. 2) Then there's also a fix for Cydia now that will allow you to respring from inside of Cydia too.. Load the repo--> gmoran.me/repo/ and install the tweak Cydia RespringFix. But this still quit out of Cydia via App Switcher this once and respring with SubFix. But from here on you'll be able to RESTART SPRINGBOARD inside Cydia with no problems.
--------------------
iCleanerPro from Ivano's beta website.. will also let you respring from inside it with no troubles..
ib-soft.net/cydia/beta/
-------------------
The CERT you trusted in Settings-->Device Management after you installed the .ipa file (MachPortal Tool) - will run out in 7 days. Set a calendar event on your phone to go off every 6 days.. At that time - any time during 6th day - reboot into non-JB mode. Then go into Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and delete the Trusted App.. Then simply get back on your computer and reload the MachPortal (.IPA file) tool.. Retrust the cert in Settings-->General-->DeviceManagement and reJB using the tool waiting for the White Screen crash thingie. And then clik on Substrate Fix to respring.. All your settings will come back.. You don't need to TOUCH ANYTHING with Cydia or your tweaks when you reload the CERT after 7 days.. They will all be untouched.. And no need to fix LTE/iMessage or FaceTime again. All good there too.

Sometimes Substrate Fix app will also force you into REBOOT.. Just reJailbreak and hit Substrate fix.

THIS REJB -- and auto-Rebooting - thing will sometimes take 5-10 times before you're reJB again.!!!!! WELCOME TO LIVING WILD WITH THIS JB..

• Be prepared for both iFile and Filza to have their own issues. iFile, if you stay in it tool long, will auto Reboot your phone.. and off we go again.. trying to get reJB.. Things are smoothest on 6S/7 from what we've heard. Plus phones are buggier.

• If you're used to using Apple File Conduit 2 for use with iFunBox - be prepared to reinstall AFC2 after every reboot. It gets knocked out and rendered useless after each reboot. A simple reinstall will make iFunBox see your 'var' folder again from your computer.

• No need to add OpenSSH as it's already a part of the jailbreak tool.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK OF TIME AND FRUSTRATION!!!!

I will not have time to hand-hold people who just want a JB but aren't veterans. Not trying to be mean. Just telling you the reality. This is still a BETA Jailbreak - meant for developers. Once you get used to its quirks (which veterans can accommodate quickly) you can do just fine. But it's a real frustrating JB at this point.

Dude I have to tell you "Thank you so much"

but I want to ask just one thing I saw when I trying to delete "grep" on cydia everything will gone if I click "remove" button I think my cydia files loaded broken first Jailbreak time so when I remove all thing from cydia. what do you think? Is cydia gone on my springboard or is it want to loading like first time?

Thnx

Dude I have to tell you "Thank you so much"

but I want to ask just one thing I saw when I trying to delete "grep" on cydia everything will gone if I click "remove" button I think my cydia files loaded broken first Jailbreak time so when I remove all thing from cydia. what do you think? Is cydia gone on my springboard or is it want to loading like first time?

Thnx
My tutorial doesn't refer to anything called "grep" and it's not needed. I don't understand what you mean. If Cydia is not showing after loading the MachPortal is loaded onto your phone - then follow my instructions using Terminal from your computer to your phone to run uicache command via SSH.

My tutorial doesn't refer to anything called "grep" and it's not needed. I don't understand what you mean. If Cydia is not showing after loading the MachPortal is loaded onto your phone - then follow my instructions using Terminal from your computer to your phone to run uicache command via SSH.

I mean.If this crash problem because of my cydia files broken what I supposed to do?
I want to reinstall all cydia file like first time

I mean.If this crash problem because of my cydia files broken what I supposed to do?
I want to reinstall all cydia file like first time

You can't get rid of Cydia without a restore. At least not that I know of. You can only "Fix" Cydia. Download MTerminal and run the command apt-get. That usually refreshes Cydia. Try that.