What's new

jailbreak 4.2.9 just got the iphone 4 today

actually yeah you can, but its tethered /=
you can thank the creators of kittyra1n and redsn0w
it should be untethered soon
4zuq78.png

heres the tutorial

*Links removed. Can anyone confirm kittyra1n? Never heard of it myself and don't trust it*

*Confirmed kittyra1n is not to be trusted*

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure kittyrain isn't to be trusted?

If I have the shsh blobs saved for 4.2.8 is it possible to downgrade 4.2.9? I keep getting errors with iTunes when I restore it. Someone please help?

Dont JB unless you like having problems!!!

I dont come in this forum everyday, but when i do i like to stop by and help when i can..

Ive realized your the most annoying poster here..

You say the same thing in every JB post.

OP, im pretty sure you can JB but it can only be tethered.. if your still ok with that i can do some browsing real quick and try and find you a tut.

Im surprised Verizon updated your device already.. i guess they didn't want anyone using the lame PDF exploiting JB.

Are you sure kittyrain isn't to be trusted?

If I have the shsh blobs saved for 4.2.8 is it possible to downgrade 4.2.9? I keep getting errors with iTunes when I restore it. Someone please help?

Stay on that iOS 4.2.9 for a while, it's not possible to downgrade at the moment. Error 1013 is always waiting for you in the conner.

Error 1013 can usually be solved by editing the hosts file or using tinyumbrella to fix recovery...

Error 1013 can usually be solved by editing the hosts file or using tinyumbrella to fix recovery...

Usually yes, but not anymore, or at least at the moment specially if it's about downgrading iOS 4.3.4 to 4.3.3 or 4.2.9 to 4.2.8
Saurik server which use to fool iTunes to get the shsh signed is down some way or other.

Editing the hosts file solves a lot of unjailbroken iPhone restore errors since 4.2.1. I had that problem myself when I wasn't jailbroken. If your restoring to the latest firmware in iTunes I wouldn't matter if saruiks server is down...

Editing the hosts file solves a lot of unjailbroken iPhone restore errors since 4.2.1. I had that problem myself when I wasn't jailbroken. If your restoring to the latest firmware in iTunes I wouldn't matter if saruiks server is down...

Yes there is no issue when upgrading to the latest iOS and even if during upgrade anyone receive error 1013 from iTunes, it can be solve like you've said, just by modifying a host file.
But if you are downgrading from the latest iOS to a lower iOS, then there is an issue with 1013 and the host file, although TinyUmbrella can sign your shsh for you, iTunes will throw you the error 1013 almost at the end of the installation. It doesn't matter if you've previousely well modified the host file, reboot your computer after modifying the host file. Whatever you do, error 1013 is waiting for you at the end of the downgrading, resulting of your iDevice going back to the recovery screen.
But some people decide to ignore that error 1013, close iTunes and run RedSnow, then point RedSnow to the lower iOS they want to downgrade to, put the phone in DFU mode and then jailbreak. This process work for some people while it doesn't work for other, why? I don't know the answer. This said, at the end of the downgrade and if successful of course, you will be on a jailbreak iOS, where by usually after downgrading, you are on a stock iOS and then after that you can decide to jailbreak your iOS or to leave it stock iOS.

Admittedly it's not usually 1013 but you will always get an error after downgrading. Even if you've done everything 100% correct and your hosts file is spot on you will still get an error.

When you do get that error using tinyumbrella or a similar programe to fix recovery usually works. If it doesn't 99% of the time its down to an incorrect hosts file...

Admittedly it's not usually 1013 but you will always get an error after downgrading. Even if you've done everything 100% correct and your hosts file is spot on you will still get an error.

When you do get that error using tinyumbrella or a similar programe to fix recovery usually works. If it doesn't 99% of the time its down to an incorrect hosts file...

Yes TinyUmbrella doesn't kick out the iPhone from recovery mode nowadays, and most of the time it's that error 1013 which always pop up almost at the end of the installation, all other errors, 20, 1, 3194, 29 come most of the time at the beginning of the downgrading procedure.

wtf are you talking about, kittyra1n is a jailbreaking website, not an actual jailbreak tool

which it clearly states, it does work, I jailbroke my verizon iPhone phone with kittyra1ns tutorial

DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING IS UNTRUSTED