What's new

Jail Breaking IOS 5.0.1!!!!!

dafonte1968

Reaction score
Ok down loaded latest version of Redsnow and IPSW and it keeps telling me that it that the IPSW isn't supported with that version of Redsnow......I've downloaded it from a couple of different places.....same results....any one got any ideas......yeah i know should have just dealt with the battery issues.....

yeah that's what ended up trying.......worked but not as easy as the first time. Cydia came up white at first, but opened, updated and when I went back to it, it was normal.......should have done some more research before I went to 5.0.1. hope I'm not screwed if and when the untethered JB comes out for 5.0....

Last edited:
its getting done and i used redsnow 9.9.b8 using ios 5 firmware, use semi tether, it works quite well.

You need to use Sn0wbreeze to create the jb 5.0.1 and then boot tethered with Redsn0w but you need to select the 5.0.0 firmware. It will then jailbreak to 5.0.1

Barrie

$IMG_0596.jpg

Here's a couple of screen images.

It works, just wasn't very clear to use ISO 5 for the ISPW and even the semi-tethered worked.....not that big of deal usually have my computer close by to re-JB if I need to.....keep on it guys....