What's new

iTunes Radio thread...

XDRoX

Reaction score
So what do you guys think of it?
Seems pretty cool. Not much different than Pandora though. But I haven't heard any commercials yet come to think of it.
96e84a259c81bbd064396a83eb6b04dd_zps4b379c2e.jpg

Seems pretty cool. Not much different than Pandora though. But I haven't heard any commercials yet come to think of it.

I can't comment on it at this time as the iTunes radio app is not yet available outside the U.S..

If you subscribe to iTunes Match, iTunes Radio is commercial free. Do you have iTunes Match?

No i don't. I just did some listening for a couple hours while I mowed the lawn. Their classic rock station was not as good IMO as Pandora. There is less commercials than Pandora and they are not as long. It was good music just not as good as a selection as Pandora IMO.

Are you sure you don't have it? It's not a separate app it's at the bottom left corner of the Music icon once opened. You can see it in my picture at above.

What does your Music screen look like?

I like it. To be honest I get a lot of my songs off of Pandora stations and such. With iTunes Radio, I can buy it on the spot without having to go 2 places at once back and forth. I do agree with the fact that they might want to tweak/tune up the selections since quite a few of the songs are meh. They'd be able to do it on their end of the server. I'd take a bet that many devs have already sent that feedback report on it in hopes of improvement.

We won't get iTunes radio here for some time :(

iTunes Radio is pretty good. Has a lot of variety and obscure music. But there are a few issues they need to iron out yet. I'm an iTunes Match subscriber and you have to enable Match on the phone to get rid of the ads, which is no big deal, but some may not like that. It doesn't bother me, I just select don't show all downloaded music and I can still only see what is local to the phone.

The other huge issue is you can only skip 6 songs per hour, which is fine, but the problem is, when you select "never play this again" it doesn't seem to work very good, as it will play that same artist again almost immediately. Also, I've had one song repeat 3 times in an hour. I just now while typing this had one song repeat twice in a row. So if you don't like the song, you'll burn two or three skips pretty fast.

Creating a custom station works fairly well, but it seems to mostly play the first couple of artists or songs on the list and only occasional plays from the entries lower in the list.

But overall I like it. The quality seems pretty good, although they pump up the bass quite a bit to make it "sound" like higher quality. I'm sure it will take some time to get some of the issues worked out, but for the most part it's a good start and will replace a lot of other music services I use/pay for. Hopefully they add an artist info and lyrics button in the future, (unless it's in there somewhere that I haven't found yet) :)