What's new

iTunes and iPhone icons question

superfish

Reaction score
I don't use iTunes very often but I have always found it helpful to move the icons around on my iDevices. I could drag an icon from screen to screen and then sync when I was finished. I tried that yesterday and now when I click and drag it moves the entire page to a new position in the list.

Did iTunes change when I wasn't looking or did I set some switch by accident? I'm using the latest iTunes and an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.

bob

See if hard resetting your device resolves the issue. Or, you can use the manual method of tapping and holding onto any icon on your Springboard until they wiggle, move them to your dock (may have to move the current icons off of the dock) then switch screens and unload all 4 icons off, which is faster than doing it one by one

He's talking about on iTunes. And I have the same issue. I gave up...I just rearrage them on my phone.

Because you can usually move and relocate apps, if the inability to do so was an overnight matter, it's more than likely the device rather than iTunes or the terminal itself, so hard resetting it usually fixes connectivity issues if they're not on the terminal end.

It was with the iTunes and iOS7 update. For my part, I did them both the same night, so I don't know which event triggered it.

OK, here's what I found out after playing with it. It must be an iOS7 integration thing with iTunes. My ipod on iOS5 rearranges the old way. With my iPhone and my iPad on iOS7, if you double click the icon you can then drag it. With the older iOS you only had to click it once and drag.

Thank you so much, XRAY. It works just as you say. Also, you can drag from the "APPS" list on the left of the screen. This will move the icons but I don't find it as convenient as dragging direct from the "page".

Thanks to all.

bp