What's new

itunes acting funny??

tdavid

Reaction score
anyone know why after syncing in itunes some tones don't load...some music doesn't load...never seems to be the same any 2 times!!! very frustrating....if i add a tone it seems to delete some of the others??? they all stay on itunes but they all don't transfer to the phone??

ideas??

Thanks for the help Dave!!

anyone know why after syncing in itunes some tones don't load...some music doesn't load...never seems to be the same any 2 times!!! very frustrating....if i add a tone it seems to delete some of the others??? they all stay on itunes but they all don't transfer to the phone??

ideas??

Thanks for the help Dave!!
Uninstall and remove iTunes from your PC and then download it again from Apple website. Post back to say if that helps or not. If it doesn't, we will try something else.

tried uninstalling and it still does the same stuff......

tried uninstalling and it still does the same stuff......
Still!!!! I am out of ideas, but someone else may come up with a better one. Does it happen with only a particular device or with all devices that you plug in. Or do you only have an iPhone.

This may be very simple(HOPEFULLY) fix.

When iPhone is plugged in, click on Tones in your phones menu, then click "Sync Tones" then make sure "Selected Tones" is checked. That way whatever is selected will be transferred.

Usually with iTunes, when you sync files to iPhone, iTunes removes everything before syncing...and you can fix this by selecting Manually Manage Music and the choosing which files you want synced when you sync. Reinstalling iTunes seems a bit extreme for a problem like this IMO.

Last edited:
thank you...will try...not that good with itunes and all the options...just kinda let it do its thing...with the 4s it was never an issue...just seems to be one now??? also have an issue with the 5s of a bluetooth device that was working fine with the 4s is now not recognized by the 5s???

thank you...will try...not that good with itunes and all the options...just kinda let it do its thing...with the 4s it was never an issue...just seems to be one now??? also have an issue with the 5s of a bluetooth device that was working fine with the 4s is now not recognized by the 5s???
I have some questions regarding the BT issue. What device is it? Is it paired with any other device? If it is, make sure that the maximum number of devices it can pair with will NOT be exceeded by the number of devices after pairing the 5s. Make sure that BT is turned on and devices are not too far apart.

thanks for the response...the item is not paired with anything else and when i try to pair it i have it next to the phone......it is a creative brand headset....was working with the 4 but won't pair with the 5??

anyone know why after syncing in itunes some tones don't load...some music doesn't load...never seems to be the same any 2 times!!! very frustrating....if i add a tone it seems to delete some of the others??? they all stay on itunes but they all don't transfer to the phone?? ideas?? Thanks for the help Dave!!

I am having the same issue but I haven't had any advice that helps and I have tried all of the suggestions (restore, reinstall, etc.). My phone is not syncing even when I manually manage my music. All problems started with ios7...not a single issue with my iphone 5 until now. Also the space available on my phone seems to be changing every time I try to sync even though I added or deleted nothing...weird. Let me know if you hear of anything that works, I would really appreciate it.

Hi. It must be an iOS 7 issue. I'm sure the techies at Apple will figure it out!! Lol. If I hear I will let you know

thanks for the response...the item is not paired with anything else and when i try to pair it i have it next to the phone......it is a creative brand headset....was working with the 4 but won't pair with the 5??
Is the device displayed in the list or does the iPhone not detect its presence at all?