What's new

Issues updating iPhone 4S from iOS 6.1.1 Jailbroken to 6.1.3 Unjailbroken

Shadow8P

Reaction score
Hello, I've been searching everywhere for 3 hours, so I'm sorry if this exists already but if it does I haven't found it.

I'm trying to update my iPhone 4S from a jailbroken iOS 6.1.1 to the current 6.1.3. This is what I've tried so far:
I have the newest version of iTunes, and I'm running Windows 8.

Backup and Restore
- Plug in iPhone
- Open iTunes
- Set iPhone to DFU mode
- Restore

I get error 3194. Google-ing it told me it had to do with my SHSH blobs, so I downloaded TinyUmbrella, and the current firmware for iOS 6.1.3.

TinyUmbrella
- iPhone still in DFU mode
- Run TinyUmbrella as Administrator
- Save SHSH blobs
- Start TSS server
- Open iTunes
- Shift-Click restore
- Select "iPhone4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw"

This time, I get further and the phone disconnects and reconnects to the computer a couple times, however during the restore, I get error 1600. This is the error that has so far stumped me and my Google-ing capacity.

If I reset my iPhone, everything is still there and working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

3194 are host issues. Edit out all gs.apple.com lines from your host files, and delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your host file. Open the command prompt (cmd.exe), and type in "ipconfig /flushdns" and tap enter. Make sure iTunes is closed out before doing this. This will solve your 3194 issues. TSS Server is only used when using iTunes to restore to a custom IPSW on pre-A5 devices.

160X issues are driver-based issues. If the problem persists, uninstall your USB drivers and restart your computer. If that fails, uninstall your USB and iTunes, restart your computer, re-install iTunes and try again. If all else fails, create a new user on your computer independent of other users, install iTunes, and restore.

3194 are host issues. Edit out all gs.apple.com lines from your host files, and delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your host file. Open the command prompt (cmd.exe), and type in "ipconfig /flushdns" and tap enter. Make sure iTunes is closed out before doing this. This will solve your 3194 issues.

And it did. Didn't need TinyUmbrella or RedSn0w or anything, just this alone and Restoring through iTunes did it for me. Thanks!

When restoring to the latest iOS, iTunes will do. You'd only need RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella if you're preserving your baseband while doing so, or if you're restoring to a custom iOS (one that's no longer being signed)