What's new

How do we restore jailbroken iPhone with partial downloaded iOS?

instakidz

Reaction score
My friend accidentally downloaded iOS 6.1.3 and I said don't. They still don't have a jailbreak for that. Then, he turned off his iPhone and resulting unfinished downloaded iOS and was asked to connect iTunes (recovery mode) to restore.
The problem is iTunes gave error to restore jailbroken iPhone (Such as eligible to restore) So, I downloaded TinyUmbrella and it showed warning about the iphone (asking to check advance tab..... and so). TinyUmbrealla doesn't recognize the iphone's name and show only numbers. I continued anyway and run the server. Still, can't restore and iTunes gave another error. I've tried editing the hosts and no hope. Next, I used RedsnOw to restore and it says the window stop signing.

I don't know what to do now. How do I resolve this?

By the way, I was trying to restore to 5.1.1 back and tried 6.1.2. Both resulting the same.

Help me :(

The 4S can't selectively restore. Your only option is to restore it to iOS 6.1.3 if you want the phone be working again. There isn't a re-restore for iOS 6 either, so again, you can only restore to an iOS that's currently being signed, which is the unjailbreakable 6.1.3 atm. Put the device into DFU mode and restore using the 6.1.3 IPSW.

You'll need to use DFU mode and iTunes to do it or you'll run into problems. Recovery mode won't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

This is frankly weird.. I've tried downloading the latest iOS and I just leave my computer running. Then when I checked my iTunes again, the downloading.. is gone as if nothing happens there. i already checked the iPhone Software folder in iTunes and there is no downloaded ipsw. Am I doing something wrong or missing :(