What's new

Issued with adding iCloud to Outlook

jmt356

Reaction score
On 23 Jan. 2016, I added iCloud to Outlook in order to be able to automatically synchronize my Outlook Calendar, Contacts and Tasks to my iPhone. Several issues have followed. I am trying to understand whether these are normal issues that one needs to simply learn to live with when using iCloud on Outlook or whether they are issues that can be fixed:

i. Contacts

1) Duplicates
a) I have many duplicate Contacts.
b) When I try to delete these duplicates, they remain.

2) Contacts Renamed
a) Several of my Contacts have been renamed. For example, for one contact, the phone number has replaced the name.

ii. Calendars

1) Shortcuts that do not work:
a) Ctrl + S does not cause changes to my Calendar items to save.
b) Escape does not cause me to exit from an open Calendar item.

2) Unavailable features
a) The notes area of Calendar items is typed in a very small font that cannot be formatted.
b) Consequently, ctrl + D does not open up the Font dialogue

3) Reminder Windows
a) I usually have two reminder windows open at once: one for items that I believe were entered into the .PST file before I added iCloud to Outlook and one for items that I added to the iCloud calendar after I added iCloud to Outlook.
b) The former works normally as it always did, but the latter, though it looks like the normal .PST reminder window, does not behave in the same way.

4) Other
a) I am unable to type in the number of minutes before an appointment for reminders; I can only select this using the mouse.

iii. Instant Search

1) In the Outlook default .PST files, merely typing text into the search box launches Instant Search.

2) In the iCloud contacts, I need to press Enter in order to launch the search.

iv. Delays

1) Searching, saving and deleting items takes noticeably longer in the iCloud Calendar, Contacts and Tasks than in the Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in the .PST files.

2) In the .PST files, searching, saving and deleting items is instant; in the iCloud files, it is noticeably delayed (perhaps because it is dependent on an Internet connection?).

Has anyone on this forum ever tried to synchronize Outlook with an iPhone?

If so, did you experience the issues I enumerate above?

Is there any workaround these problems?

Sorry for the late response in this thread but unfortunately, I don't have anything to add that is helpful...I sync everything thru Google for calendar, email, contacts, etc...I am however using the Outlook Mobile app which works perfectly with my Google accounts...

Hopefully you have been able to resolve some of your issues.