What's new

Is there a tweak to make your iPhone a wifi hotspot that will use wifi instead of 3G?

Thomasjtsi said:
Wondering the same here. And if TetherMe has the same option?

Well..if the iPhones native tethering has this option then TetherMe does, as TetherMe just activates the native tethering settings.

I'm check this out, but I don't think it does.

Nope. TetherMe does not have this option. Not that I can see. TetherMe offers VPN editing. Perhaps MyWi uses VPN to broadcasts it's wifi signal?

Perhaps that's why MyWi is so easily detectible by your carrier and TetherMe isn't... Hmmmmmm....

Thomasjtsi said:
Perhaps that's why MyWi is so easily detectible by your carrier and TetherMe isn't... Hmmmmmm....

Yes yes........perhaps.

On one side....this makes rethink how much of a piece of crap MyWi is. Not that it is actually that bad of a tweak, just that it is detectable and expensive. TetherMe is neither of those things. (which is why I recommend TetherMe over MyWi) But is the wifi sharing feature worth that? Tough one I think. Tho I must say, I really dont see myself using that feature. But then again......who knows.

Like you said...would be useful for only having to pay for one connection on multiple devices...bu cannot think of another reason besides that.

If my 3day trial wasn't up I'd try it out rite now.lol

Like you said...would be useful for only having to pay for one connection on multiple devices...bu cannot think of another reason besides that. If my 3day trial wasn't up I'd try it out rite now.lol
Exactly... I see that being the only benefit of MyWi over TetherMe.

Ferrari said:
So basically, is there a way for me to connect my iPhone to a local WiFi and be able to make my phone a hotspot for using the WiFi and not the phones 3G.
Anyone know?

I basically want to make my iPhone a hotspot for all wireless devices, but I don't want to use data on my phone, just the wifi that the phone is connected to.

Wired or wireless. either way works

Yes.MyWi 5.5 if your iPhone is Jailbroken.

Ok just came back here after like a week, and I'm glad that there is a tweak!! Thank you everyone. I'm currently on 5.1 so I guess I'll do a tethered jailbreak just for this... not like I ever let my phone die on me ;)

Thanks to everyone. and Jmills, I'll check that out also. Thanks!

Agh I want to know the reasons now! Can't think of any except to extend range....do tell :)Edit: sorry didn't see the other pages!

Be careful, it is rumored that carriers can detect MyWi.

XDRoX said:
Be careful, it is rumored that carriers can detect MyWi.

It's no rumor. They can. I don't know for sure, but I think it is whenever people use the MyWi specific settings.

Like the option that MyWi has that does what the OP was asking for. I believe this options make MyWi detectable.

This is why i use TetherMe. $5, uses the native tethering settings rite in the Settings.app, and is 100% undetectible.

Guys help meI m in ios 5.0 n SAM is not working , so far i hav heard SAM wont work at 5.0 , any way to unlock my phone plz guys help me

harke said:
Guys help meI m in ios 5.0 n SAM is not working , so far i hav heard SAM wont work at 5.0 , any way to unlock my phone plz guys help me

You'll have to update to 5.0.1 then. If you on a 4S then there is no way. Sorry.

zig9449 said:
You'll have to update to 5.0.1 then. If you on a 4S then there is no way. Sorry.

Can i update to 5.0.1 without SHSH ? Is there way?