What's new

Is it true you can use iPhone to charge customers at tradeshows

javaboi

Reaction score
I have an upcoming Tradeshow coming up in Las Vegas called The Magic Show, and I was wondering if it was true that the iPhone has a credit card charging technology that allows you to charge customers in large quantities. If this is true what is the app called?

Check out Square. You open an account with them, they send you a mobile card reader which plugs into your headphone jack, then you have to verify your bank info with them. They are free to set up but take a 3% cut off of your swipes, but they deposit money nightly and are super easy to use.

I use them for the occasional massage and for mobile photoshoots. A number of coffee shops in town use them, as well.

I can't post their website here, as per forum rules, but if you send me a pm, I'll give it to you. Google would also have the site. :)

Yes I too like Square. they charge 2.75% if you use the swipe they send you. If you manually put the numbers in it is 4%(I think that is what it is) The reason I like Square is because there is no monthly fee. I don't have many customers who charge so it is more cost effective for me.