What's new

iphone transfer contacts and apps

swonder

Reaction score
hello i have an iphone 5 that is jailbroken on ios 6.1.2 and i am now purchasing the iphone 6s. how can i transfer all my files from one phone to the other, more importantly my contacts?

hello i have an iphone 5 that is jailbroken on ios 6.1.2 and i am now purchasing the iphone 6s. how can i transfer all my files from one phone to the other, more importantly my contacts?
Do a backup of your iPhone 5 in iTunes on your computer, then set up your new iPhone 6s from the backup you made. Your new iPhone will be set up exactly like the old one, with the exception of any jail broken content. You'll have to wait for an iOS 9 jailbreak to get back your jailbreak apps and tweaks.

You can also set up your contacts to sync through iCloud to any iOS device using the same iCloud acount.

Last edited:
i backuped everything. does this mean i can restore the information to my new iphone? even if the apps are jailbroken? and what about my contacts? will they be transferred too?

Your contacts will be transferred as well, they're in the iTunes backup.

Jailbroken apps are not included in a backup (neither iCloud nor iTunes). That's why I suggested to use an app from Cydia to back them up.

i backuped everything. does this mean i can restore the information to my new iphone? even if the apps are jailbroken? and what about my contacts? will they be transferred too?
You'll have to wait for the next jailbreak to install and use your jailbroken apps. I hope the wait isn't too long.

I said that for my first, and did it for a while. And because I prefer to use ITunes for my back-ups, it only happens every couple of weeks now. But, I have contacts on iCloud (as well photos, calendar, reminders and find my iPhone) so that those are automatically up to date and recoverable from iCloud. We all develop the method that works best for us. I will admit, I would back up to iTunes more often if I turned my computer on more often but I pretty much have replaced the computer with the iPhone so my laptop sits idle and unused.