What's new

Iphone security questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winnie_c0310

Reaction score
I am just wondering if I also need to change my root password if I am using Diskaid and not Open SSH... Also is there any anti-virus softwares/ applications available for jailbroken iphones?
Tks in adv...

You can change the password if you want and if you are much concerned about security, and there is no antivirus for iPhone, or if there are any out there, then they are useless since you already change your root password. Note that instead of viruses damaging your iOS, corrupted files are more likely to damage your iOS, you can get corrupted files into your iPhone if you install cracked apps from cydia, or if you install version not compatible with your iOS application from cydia.

You can change the password if you want and if you are much concerned about security, and there is no antivirus for iPhone, or if there are any out there, then they are useless since you already change your root password. Note that instead of viruses damaging your iOS, corrupted files are more likely to damage your iOS, you can get corrupted files into your iPhone if you install cracked apps from cydia, or if you install version not compatible with your iOS application from cydia.

there sort of is not sure how good it is its called lookout

Tks for your feedback! And yes I've already been experiencing quite a lot of issues after I JBed my iphone.
1. I got all those hidden icons such as "Adsheet", "IOS diagnostics", "Field Test" shown on my springboard
2. sometimes my screen just freezes after I finish installing an app from Installous and starts operating again after few min
3. I get error msg like, "IPA file not found" or "Download failed: unexpected content" and I am not sure it's becoz the files are corrupted or something is wrong with my iphone

Can you help me out here? Tks again...

Tks for your feedback! And yes I've already been experiencing quite a lot of issues after I JBed my iphone.
1. I got all those hidden icons such as "Adsheet", "IOS diagnostics", "Field Test" shown on my springboard
2. sometimes my screen just freezes after I finish installing an app ----------------- and starts operating again after few min
3. I get error msg like, "IPA file not found" or "Download failed: unexpected content" and I am not sure it's becoz the files are corrupted or something is wrong with my iphone

Can you help me out here? Tks again...
My dear friend, you know why your iPhone is behaving like that. For your information it's not allowed to talk about cracked apps, piracy or way to pirate on the forum. It will be nice if you take a look at the forum rules in order to know them.
Restore your iOS using ituunes, jailbreak your iPhone and get tweaks/apps from cydia from legit sources and buy them is they are not free, if there are app store apps you need then get them from the app store and buy them if they are not for free. That's the only way you will enjoy a pleasant experience with your jailbreak iPhone a stay away from all kind of troubles with the way your iPhone will function.

Last edited:
This forum does not condone or support piracy or those that do piracy. Not only is it against our rules, it's illegal! We'll have no piracy here.

Bab2010 has given you the best advice on how to make your phone work great - remove the piracy stuff! And, don't be a pirate!

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.