What's new

iPhone on wifi only?

How to turn on the WiFi after inserting the sim card ?

If your device is not activated, you'll be given the option to connect to a Wifi network during the setup procedure. If your device is activated, meaning you have access to the springboard, you turn it on in Settings > General > Wifi

Maybe not. I have an iPhone 5 with a T-Mobile plan. NO DATA. I pay $100.00 per year. Period. No other charges. I use the phone with wifi data only. I've had it for about 4 months now with no problems.
Hi Jim, Does your $100/yr T-M plan give you unlimited talk & texting? or just some limited talk time per month? Waiting and appreciating for your reply.

It's a $100 a year. That's for 1000 minutes. I don't make many calls so that's fine for me. Data is WIFI only.

I tried the data plan but it was so slow that it was unusable.

It's a $100 a year. That's for 1000 minutes. I don't make many calls so that's fine for me. Data is WIFI only.

I tried the data plan but it was so slow that it was unusable.
Hm... I also plan to make few calls (e.g., emergency away from home) only. Originally I thought to subscribe the "1500 min talk & texting + 30MB data for $30/mo" plan. Now maybe the $100 plan would work for me too. Even better that I don't have to worry about using/running out the tiny data limit (I don't need it any way). So thanks for the info.