What's new

iPhone on straight talk?

NaHPrO

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was anyway to get an iPhone 4, 3GS , or 3G from AT&T or an iPhone 4 from verizon on the straight talk plan from walmart?

oh ok... cuz I read an article that there is a way, just wanted to see if anybody here knew.

The Verizon iPhone is a CDMA iPhone. Because of this there is no way to unlock it. In order to use it on a different carrier you would have to use it on another carrier with CDMA and that carrier would have to add your ESN to their database and flash the chip to work on their service. I doubt Walmart will do something like that.

thats why i also said....or an AT&T iphone... its on the GSM network and takes a simcard just like straight talk.... will that work?

I was wondering if there was anyway to get an iPhone 4, 3GS , or 3G from AT&T or an iPhone 4 from verizon on the straight talk plan from walmart?

Yes - you need to get a phone from straighttalk with the correct sim. Meaning certain phones they sell work on each of the networks, some on the at&t, some on the verizon and some on sprint. This is determined by the phone you purchase. So if you have an att iphone purchase a refurbished nokia E71 for $99 - It will come with the sim you need to use. An iphone 4/4s requires you to cut the sim as they use a micro sim - you can purchase a sim cutter for $4 - $7 or if you are daring enough a good set of scissors - i'd recommend a sim cutter.
Here is a link that should answer any question you have HowTo: StraightTalk and iPhone! Everything you need to know to make it work!

iPhone4S is the only iPhone that supports both GSM and CDMA networks. There is absolutely no way to use a CDMA iPhone4 on a GSM network.

iPhone4S is the only iPhone that supports both GSM and CDMA networks. There is absolutely no way to use a CDMA iPhone4 on a GSM network.
True - which is why you would buy the specified phone for that network. Once you receive the phone (i'm referring to the gsm models with a sim) you activate it on straight talk, then you can put that sim in your phone. ie; activate an E71 on straight talk, take the sim out, put it in an iphone 3g or 3gs and your carrier will show at&t under settings/about. Iphone 4/4s will require you to cut the sim first but they will also work out of the box. MMS needs a APN mod to work. Straight talk is a reseller - they resell for att, Verizon, sprint. Depending on the model phone you purchase determines which network you will be using.