What's new

Iphone 4 on straight talk with their sim

charlieborg

Reaction score
I just put my Iphone 4 on straight talk and are using their sim I ordered from them. I can't get data on it now unless I am on wifi. Is their something I can do to get that working? I was using a sim from one of their other cell phone and it worked on it. One note. Before I installed the new sim, I could not send pictures attached to a text, but now I can. Just no data now?

I just put my Iphone 4 on straight talk and are using their sim I ordered from them. I can't get data on it now unless I am on wifi. Is their something I can do to get that working? I was using a sim from one of their other cell phone and it worked on it. One note. Before I installed the new sim, I could not send pictures attached to a text, but now I can. Just no data now?
Assuming that you have an activated data plan with your carrier, the first thing to check is to go to Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data and make sure it is turned on. If it is turned on, you may want to try contacting your carrier to see if the problem is on their end.

check your apn setting and see if you have tfdata under Cellular Data

should look like this

check your apn setting and see if you have tfdata under Cellular Data

should look like this

How do I get to this screen? I found the cellular screen where you turn on data and it is on.

If your not jailbroken you won't be able to edit your apn settings yourself, i used TetherMe to edit mine, you'll have to download straight talks profile or use unlockit site, i know the profiles work i used them before i was jailbroken