What's new

iphone not doing anything

lazyhomer

Reaction score
i just recently bought my iphone 4 from one of my friends. he done a factory restore on it before he sold it to me and now it wont do anything.

It only allows me to do emergency calls and keeps asking me to put the origianl sim card back into the phone which i dont have or my friend dosent have either.

I have tried connecting it to itunes and even that says the samething.

Has anyone come accross this problem before? and if so how do you solve it?

Many thanks

Ray

i just recently bought my iphone 4 from one of my friends. he done a factory restore on it before he sold it to me and now it wont do anything.

It only allows me to do emergency calls and keeps asking me to put the origianl sim card back into the phone which i dont have or my friend dosent have either.

Many thanks

Ray

im only guessing casue mine was set up at the store but i think the restore has to be done with your SIM card in to register properly

Many thanks

Ray

I think your taking about activating it? If so you don't need the original sim, just one the phone is locked to...

what i have done now is ordered an orange sim card for the iphone. they said it will take 2- 5 days to arrive. so i will try that and see if it works

thanks for the help =)

keep us posted if that solves your problem, could be useful information in the future for others

i will keep you updated and i hope this solves the problem

Just remembered. I think you can use redsnow to activate your phone without the sim card. Don't know how but hopefully I've pointed you in the right direction...

problem fixed

got my new sim card the other day. i put it in the phone and connected it up to itunes and all fixed and working the way it should be