What's new

iPhone free SMS backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't thing there are any. I just edit, select all then forward needed messages to my gmail account.

iTunes will backup everything on the iPhone, including SMS messages and contacts.
In iTunes, with the iPhone selected on the left, click the Info tab and make sure Contact syncing is enabled.
A same article about How to transfer iPhone SMS from iPhone to computer, which can help you transfer sms messages from iPhone to PC for backup.
hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited:
Micromat has announced the release of Syphone, a free utility for Mac OS X that allows the user to view, save, and back up their iPhone's SMS messages. Here is an artificial limit (1000) on the number of text messages that can be stored. In other words, though there may be a significant chunk of free memory on the device, the amount of text messages that can be stored is capped.

For free iPhone SMS backup you have great option of Apple iTunes. That is the free utility provided by Apple to transfer iPhone files like SMS, contacts etc. By this way you would have to sync iPhone data to PC. to run this process iTunes helps you.

If iTunes fails to transfer iPhone SMS then you can use third party File transfer iPhone tool. Interactive interface of this tool easily guides you to transfer iPhone SMS easily.

Step1. Connect your iPhone to PC.
Step2. Install File transfer tool on system.
Step3. Run application and select sms that you want to backup.
Step4. Click OK button and you SMS sent into system.

One can easily perform these interactive steps and transfer iPhone SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.