What's new

iPhone forums

DallasFan

Reaction score
I read a message about Apple eliminating iCloud service for photos.
They said that saving photos on the iCloud would be eliminated.
But.....just to make sure, the photos we have on our phones are safe .... correct?
I have never heard of My Photo Stream, but I don't want to lose anything.

My Photo Stream is an iCloud service that originally launched in 2011. What the service does is temporarily uploads photos taken on a device so they can be seen on another device with My Photo Stream enabled. It also allows users to import the pictures to that device.

Up to around 1,000 photos can be stored in My Photo Stream for about 30 days. They are then automatically deleted from Apple’s iCloud.

My photo stream is being shut down on July 26. iCloud Photos is not affected and any photos stored locally on your devices are safe.
IMG_3179.jpeg

Last edited:
I read a message about Apple eliminating iCloud service for photos.
They said that saving photos on the iCloud would be eliminated.
But.....just to make sure, the photos we have on our phones are safe .... correct?
I have never heard of My Photo Stream, but I don't want to lose anything.

My Photo Stream is an iCloud service that originally launched in 2011. What the service does is temporarily uploads photos taken on a device so they can be seen on another device with My Photo Stream enabled. It also allows users to import the pictures to that device.

Up to around 1,000 photos can be stored in My Photo Stream for about 30 days. They are then automatically deleted from Apple’s iCloud.
If you have iCloud switched on for Photos, then you are fine.