What's new

Iphone Died

dallasjme

Reaction score
I replaced the battery on my 3gs but after running for a little while (1 hour) the battery started to discharge and the it finally died. I tried to recharge but to no avail. Appreciate anyones help.

Could be 1 of 3 things. In order of most likely first,

1. Its not been replaced right.
2. You've replaced it with a faulty battery
3. There's some other electrical fault causing the battery to drain to quickly for the charger to charge it up again...

I replaced with a new battery but it again died. the phone shows the charging icon active but it actually is not charging.

Could still be 1 or 3 then. Think it's safe to rule out 2 if its an official battery...?

Hey guys looking for some repair help here. I have a 3gs 16gb that I have been having charginng issues with. I manuelly took out the battery and charged it to see if maybe I had a bad battery, but it is completely fine. When I put the charged battery in the phone it fucntions perfectly. When I plug the phone in it says it is charging but the battery still drains. When dead it shows the plug into charger symbol and then when it is plugged in it chimes and shows it is charging but will not gain any power..... Have heard something about a power ic but no nothing of it nor where i can get it in the US. Someone please help thanks

the phone can not read sim card after upgrade it to ios 4.2.1,I want to sell it. A friend tell me that there is a company purchase used iphones with good price and service. For the price it seems like a good choice and I can get payment first before ship it out. after get the payment,I purchased the iphone 4.If anyone has used iphone with any condition, you can go to the web to have a look.

Last edited by a moderator: