What's new

iphone/airport/stereo unit

v0llrath

Reaction score
hello sorry if this isn't the right forum.
i have bt broadband internet which should have nothing to do with my question just want to say first.
right now i have an iphone 4, an unused airport express and a stereo unit. since the computer is upstairs obviously i just use that to listen to music when i'm up here. but when i go downstairs i like to plug my iphone into the stereo and listen that way. my question is: can my iphone possibly link wirelessly to my router (airport express), which would be plugged into the stereo via the audio jack? i'm thinking not, but thought i might ask just for s & g.

best,
fenton

Why not? Aren't you able to connect your iPhone to your wireless at the moment? You should be able to do so wether your phone is connectedto something or not.

it would be like:

[iphone]------[airport]=======[stereo]

and at the same time the bt-supplied broadband modem n' router-in-one is supplying internet to all devices and computers in the home.

i didn't really even try to set it up because in itunes on the computer you can't use airtunes with another router if it isn't the main one you're using for internet. but if someone thinks it's possible i will try i suppose.