What's new

iPhone 8 to Have Just 64GB and 256GB Storage and Will Not Have Curved Display

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
OLED iPhone 8 to have just two memory options.JPG

MacRumors reports that according to Chinese research firm TrendForce the forthcoming 5.8-inch OLED iPhone 8 will have 3GB RAM and just two storage options, 64GB and 256GB. TrendForce says that the 4.7-inch model will only have 2GB of RAM, but the 5.5-inch model will also have 3GB of RAM. Both the 4.7-inch model and 5.5-inch model will retain the 32GB storage option.

Also, as far as the 5.8-inch OLED phone is concerned, TrendForce says that due to production and drop test issues with the 3D glass, the flagship phone will not now have a fully curved OLED display, but rather the same 2.5D cover glass that has been used for all iPhones since the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus back in 2014.

TrendForce also reports that there will be no Home button on the new iPhone, with the controls integrated into the display, supporting many other similar recent reports. TrendForce has a good record on information about Apple devices, having accurately predicted the three storage options for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

Source: iPhone 8 Said to Have 3GB of RAM and 64GB/256GB Storage Options

Thank you! I patiently await the coming of my new phone (getting an 8 :) ) and the excitement is slowly building.

Its also said to come with an Iris Scanner and Wireless charging feature...

I can appreciate this, the curve looks super cool (at least it did on my edge and note 7). The rate at which my friends broke those brittle screens was insane.

If they can't produce durable curved screens, what's the point ?

I can appreciate this, the curve looks super cool (at least it did on my edge and note 7). The rate at which my friends broke those brittle screens was insane.

If they can't produce durable curved screens, what's the point ?
A lot of people think there is no point in having that curved screen beyond it being a marketing gimmick. IFixit destroyed the screen on the Galaxy S7 Edge trying to get it off during their teardown. Bits of the screen stuck to the curved cover glass.