What's new

iPhone 4S Photo/Music album display

Theoldgit

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
When tilting my 4s through 90 degrees from the vertical, the diplayed photo or music album used to stay vertical.
Since updating to the latest OS, both stay fixed. (I imagine a racing game would be better played viewing with the 4s horizontal)?
I think it's a Mercury tilt mechanism inside which controls this and it would appear to be working as the spirit level/compass facility works fine.
Have I lost this possibility with the new OS; Is this controlled in settings, if so I can't find it.
Thanks.

Hi everyone. When tilting my 4s through 90 degrees from the vertical, the diplayed photo or music album used to stay vertical. Since updating to the latest OS, both stay fixed. (I imagine a racing game would be better played viewing with the 4s horizontal)? I think it's a Mercury tilt mechanism inside which controls this and it would appear to be working as the spirit level/compass facility works fine. Have I lost this possibility with the new OS; Is this controlled in settings, if so I can't find it. Thanks.
you may have accidentally locked the screen rotation. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the control centre. The rotation lock control is at the upper right. If it's lit up, tap it to unlock screen rotation.

$image-4031675973.jpg Let us know if this works.

Yes, that's fixed it fine. Thank you very much.