What's new

Syncing with itunes and deleting photos from iphone

iphoneAl68

Reaction score
Hi,

My comp got a virus and I had to get the OS reinstalled. I have since downloaded itunes. If i sync my iphone5 with it will i lose all my music and apps?

Also, I have a photo album on my iphone which I would like to delete to free up space but I can'tfigure out how to do it. Does anyone know?

iphoneAl68

Go to the Store tab on the top, click on Authorize this PC while your device is plugged in. Log in with the same Apple ID credentials as the one you use on your phone and it should be working again

Thanks for that but it didn't work. I have tracks on my iphone which are not in my iTunes library. Can I sync them from my iphone to iTunes or does synching only work one way i.e. from iTunes to iphone? Also do you know how to delete photos in an album from your iphone?

You can manually extract the songs out of your iPhone if you no longer have the actual soft copy of the files anymore. You can do so using iFunBox or iExplorer, which are utilities that help with file management on your iOS device. Simply head over to the music directory on either utilities, and export the songs/tracks from your device to your computer. Otherwise, syncing should have the songs transferred over to iTunes. I personally don't use iTunes as much, as I tend to lean towards other utilities that have a better interface and more advanced options, so maybe someone else can chime in on this, but the first option would work definitely, as that's how I get my music to and from my device.

As for deleting photos in an album, open up the album, tap on the little arrow on the bottom left of your screen, select the photos you want to delete, and tap on the Delete button on the bottom right of your screen. You can select multiple photos for bulk deletion

Thanks I will give the utilities a go. Regarding the photos, I have removed a lot of other photos the way you describe but in this particular album (and the photo library which contains the same photos) there is no little arrow on the bottom left of the screen and no delete button.