What's new

iPhone 4S - Long story...sorry!

Jamworth

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm a newbie here but have been using apple products and repairing for about 4 years.

But have got a problem with a 4S, ill run you through.

Phone is a 3 Month old White, 4S running 10B329 (6.1.3), its a 16GB on O2 UK. Not jailbroken or anything like that.

It was given to me to repair the LCD/Glass as they didn't want to take it to apple (kind of wish they did now), i've repaired loads and wasnt a problem.

Fitted the screen, all was ok but the phone failed to pickup any signal, it would turn on and just sit saying "searching" then get epically hot. I checked ALL of the connections for the antennae worried that I may have knocked one off or hit the "blue coil" but all was intact. Put all back together still nothing.

Replaced the antennae, nothing

replaced the whole housing of the phone thinking I may have hit something on that, re-fitted, nothing. Checked all earth points, replaced battery, list goes on and on!

So thought to myself, ok, i'll take it to the customer and see if it needs to be activated. Took to their house and on the way (about a 20 mile drive) it picked up signal, FULLY! then the battery went flat. Got to the customers, charged and turned back on. Nothing, activated and registered, nothing. stood outside with one leg in the air, still nothing.

Anyway, I had to replace the phone but im now lumbered with a 4S that I have no other ideas on what to do. Googling seems to show many people having the same issue and this "blue coil" coming up time and time again. But thought i'd join a forum and see if anyone had any ideas.

Problems;

Gets VERY hot on the bottom left hand side, where I believe the processor is (next to the battery connector)
Gets no signal at all. Just says searching.

I've tried;

Turning off/on 3g
Turning off/on Data
Airplane mode off/on
different sim card
restoring again
re-taken apart and put back together
Basically everything on the net, bar the downgrading basebands etc

Does anyone have a clue what else to do? Can't take to apple as its not technically mine and they won't touch it anyway as its been opened.