What's new

Iphone 4s & 5 kids keep accessing phones by double clicking Mode button

RoxyJon

Reaction score
Both our Iphone 4s & 5, kids keep accessing phones by double clicking Mode button & accessing APPs from scroll bar. How can I prevent this or Lock it from them.

It might be that they're holding it rather than light tapping the button. I don't think there's even a feature on the stock iOS that simulates a double home tap. There's one on jailbroken devices that I know of.

actually they double press both phones and the screen comes up with the screen functions and all APPs ready to access. Very unsafe when kids can access anything on your phone.. cant believe these phones are so simple to crack by a 7 ear old

actually if you press the Mode button twice it seems to bypass the access code.. maybe try it and you'l be amazed. but I still think its pretty easy and insecure as we cant stop our youngest grabbing and using the phone every few minutes.

actually if you press the Mode button twice it seems to bypass the access code.. maybe try it and you'l be amazed. but I still think its pretty easy and insecure as we cant stop our youngest grabbing and using the phone every few minutes.

You have a software issue then. I can press every button on my iPhone as many times as I want, but the pass code screen isn't bypassed!

I would do a hard reset or a full restore if you're having these issues with the pass code.

RoxyJon...just to keep it clear for everybody reading this...the circular button on the front of your iPhone is called the "Home" button. :)

Hope you can get things sorts with your phone!

Last edited:

And are you sure you know what a passcode is and how to set it? it's actually not easy at all to bypass it. Sorry you have trouble keeping your phone away from your children.