What's new

iPhone 4 RMA. Can I still jailbreak v4.2.8?

Midnght_J

Reaction score
Ok so here is the lowdown to my situation. I noticed at a football game, while taking a pic of my girlfriend and sister that there was a black line across the bottom 3rd of the screen and below that line the picture was pink. Phone was never dropped and is in mint condition. So I called Verizon and long story short they sent me a replacement phone. I have it now and still have the old one as well, which I have to send back shortly. I backed up my phone which was jailbroken and still is, yes before I send it back I will update it to iOS 5 to remove the jail break. I also used tiny umbrella to save baseband and ect as instructed by a friend. So my question is can I jailbreak my replacement phone with the ih8sn0w untethered jailbreak that I used to jailbreak my original phone with v4.2.8 or will I have to upgrade to iOS5 and use the tethered jailbreak until the untethered one is out. Also how if anyone knows do I go about using the tiny umbrella to redo the jailbreak? If there is a link to a step by step or if someone could reply with a step by step i would be eternally grateful. Thanks to the iPhone 4 forum community for any help I really appreciate it.

I hope someone has some sort of answer I have just a few days to send my old iPhone4 back. With the research I have done, it looks like the answer is no because the serial, meid, and ect are not the same as the previous phones blobs backedup in tiny umbrella. So if anyone has a answer or ect I'm listening.

SHSH Blobs are device unique. Your replacement device won't work with your current devices blobs. So tethered is your only option. :(

darkstar2007 said:
SHSH Blobs are device unique. Your replacement device won't work with your current devices blobs. So tethered is your only option. :(

Thanks for the confirmation. It's what I figured was the problem. Dang....lol

With the replacement phone thatbi was sent running firmware 4.2.3 can I still jailbreak it or is it to late? Props and thx to you for your help!

Midnght_J said:
Thanks for the confirmation. It's what I figured was the problem. Dang....lol

With the replacement phone thatbi was sent running firmware 4.2.3 can I still jailbreak it or is it to late? Props and thx to you for your help!

Geez what a mis type I meant to type " with the replacement phone that is running 4.2.8 can I still jailbreak it or is it to late? Props and thx to you for your help"!

Geez what a mis type I meant to type " with the replacement phone that is running 4.2.8 can I still jailbreak it or is it to late? Props and thx to you for your help"!

If your replacement phone has 4.2.8 go to http://www.jailbreakme.com/ from your iPhones safari browser and hit install. You'll be jailbroken in 30 seconds :)!