What's new

iPhone 4 Problems and Questions

iZIGGA

Reaction score
I have an att iphone 4 on 6.1.3. I want to downgrade it to 6.1.2 so i can jailbreak it. What is the process for this?

Just follow Daniel's instructions. He demonstrates using 5.1.1, replace it with iOS 6.1.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't matter. When restoring to any iOS, you're in DFU or Pwned DFU mode, which wipes the device completely.

You can't downgrade A5+ devices (with exceptions on the iPad 2). The 4 is a pre-A5 device and is susceptible with the LimeRa1n exploit.

More detailed list here

i tried plugging an iphone to itunes and restoring it. it finished restoring but when i turned it on i only seen a white screen and when i took
off the cover, the backlight was on. what causes this?

I restored my iphone, still a white screen. Replaced the lcd, nothing. Any suggestions?

I say take it to apple and tell them you tried to upgrade and your screen went blank. I messed up the first time I jb my iPhone 4 after a couple of days of being " tweak happy" my phone rebooted itself and got stuck on a black screen. I told apple that I was trying to update my phone and it got stuck on the black screen. And they gave me a new one.

I'm looking for the best battery you can buy for iPhone. Any suggestions?

The one that came with the iPhone. The best replacement battery you can get for your iPhone is an OEM battery. If you order from places such as iFixit, you're guaranteed to receive original parts.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

White Screen Of Death. The backlight turns on when I plug it in but I can't get the white screen to go away. Please help!