What's new

iPhone 4 Model #A1349 CDMA...help me, please ?

BLup

Reaction score
Okay, I give up...I own and use(d) an Apple iPhone 4 daily for the last 8 months.

IPhone 4 will only show when plugged in...Computer or other Outlet.
White with a case. No Cracks or Dents (yes, I have placed it on the ground a few times).
I have pushed buttons at certain times, counted to different numbers.
Logged in, Logged out, Shut Down, Re Configure, Went in this or that order of doing things.
Used 2, TWO computers as one of those being a LapTop the other an older but *UpToDate* PC.
iTune,iCloud,iDontLikeThat This Happened (sorry, 50 hours later from this happening and just pissed).

I could go on but let me save some time. I am telling you that I have spent hours reading, watching and attempting many times and ways to get this phone back to life.

It was a normal usage day for me...Lots of ESPN reading, e-mail checking, couple games a playing with less than 50 texts and 8-10 calls. Battery had around 25% left (honestly I think it was 23%), no open apps or wifi pages except for 2 new updates. I do not remember to what apps...I have things to do at home so I hit update after plugging the phone in to charge some for the early evening. Around 40-50 minutes later I think of something and go to my phone. It was very warm on the back when I picked it up and a black screen was all I had showing on the phone. Able to get it on one more time for less than 5 minutes. Nothing since.....

What is left for me to try before I (not sure on this) pay to have it looked at ?
Yes, I know that the iPhone will not be "supported", it is a 4th generation (man you got an old phone) and so on tech wise compared to other phones. BUT, for me and my situation, it is important and I realize how much I "depend" on the phone (not "supported" and tech wise...was going to use another 8-10 months, figured I would be okay) And by then I would upgrade.

Bought the iPhone 4 for $150.00, clean all the way around and unlocked.

Can it be fixed...?
Any suggestions...?

Thank you

With the overheating it's possible that the battery has failed. Does it overheat every time you plug it in? The Genius Bar at an Apple Store should be able to run a diagnostic to see if the screen and battery have failed. If it's determined that there is a hardware problem you might want to consider upgrading because it would likely cost more than the phone is worth to pay for repairs.

I have replace MANY of the 4 batteries as they short internally and overheat. They are cheap and easy to fix. Someone here at this site is a sponsor or find a local shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk