What's new

Iphone 4 ios6.1.3 jailbreak problem.

richlizard

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have searched the forum, honest. But although I have come across this issue, I can't seem to find anyone who has solved it or got a reasonable answer so I am hoping you clever people here can help.

Apologies if I am in the wrong section...

I have ios6.1.3 jailbroken (tethered) with Redsn0w on my iphone 4. I have been waiting for the untethered to come out and it seems that it now is.

I now see that this p0sixspwn tool is meant to sort the tethered bit out, but I cannot get it to work and would love someone to tell me where I am going wrong please. Tethered jailbreak really is not fun.

I have tried the Cydia tool, but all it does is reboot the device and leave me without jailbreak so I have to go back to the original Redsn0w jailbreak to get it working again.

I have tried the Windows program too, but all that happens is I get a message that my device is already jailbroken. Well of course it is, that is why I am trying to use this piece of software.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Please take the time to peruse the forum rules here and keep them in mind whilst posting throughout your stay with us.

The tool itself will only work if your device is not jailbroken. If your device is already jailbroken using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze, all you have to do is boot tethered (if you haven't already), then install the p0sixspwn package from Cydia. Using the tool inserts the jailbreak data and exploits the device and/or iOS, then installs the package. If you've jailbroken using RedSn0w or Sn0wBreeze already, there's no need to repeat the jailbreak data insertion and exploitation.