What's new

iphone 4 ios5 to 5.0.1

mrjaffa

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have the iPhone 4. Running 5.0 and JB - tethered.

I have just seen the release of the JB untethered for 5.0.1. So I went to install via Cydia and then realised I obviously needed 5.0.1 first.

I can't find the best way to do this. I was going to back up, install 5.0.1 via iTunes, then run the latest redsn0w to JB and put all my apps back on. Is this the best way?

I've jailbroken many times now but never sure about saving baseband (is this only if u need to unlock? Mine was unlocked anyway) and doing whatever it is you need to do regarding sssh, whatever that is.

Thanks for any help.

Yes for the jail breaking, not too sure about the unlocking though. But go ahead with the jailbreak.

Not sure about how this will affect your unlock (Check the iPhone Dev Team's website) but the only way to get the untether is to upgrade to 5.0.1 via iTunes (which will mean losing your jailbreak and all jailbroken packages, so make sure to backup with Xbackup or another utility). You should have cached SHSH blobs on Cydia for 5.0, so you can downgrade at any time if you need to.

Ok guys. Don't need to worry about the unlock as it was originally unlocked from Apple. Didn't know about xbackup so I'll look that.

Thanks a lot!