What's new

Iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 no service problem

Mitchpt

Reaction score
Hi their, i reently purchased a factory unlocked iphone 4 second hand but in near new condition. It didnt have a sim card so i could not activate it, but i was egar to use it so i jailbroke it and deleted the activAtion files usimg i explorer and now i can use it.but when i did get a sim card i cant the phone cant find service with any network, and now i cant properly activate it because i have deleted that part of its software.
If someone could give me some advice i would be forever greatful.
Thank you

In order to use a carrier's service that does not match the carrier that the device is locked to, you'll need to unlock the device first in order to use it. I'm assuming your iPhone's baseband is not 01.59.00, therefore, you'll need to purchase a carrier or IMEI unlock in order to have the phone working on the carrier of your choice

Im sorry you may have not read it or maybe i dont understand you, but does factory unlocked mean that it does not work on any metwork like a normal unlocked phone would?
Thanks

Sorry that part was cut off on my iPhone. I would try restoring the device and setting it up without bypassing the activation. If that doesn't work, try deleting the setup again. If that doesn't work, you'll potentially need to hacktivate your device by jailbreaking using RedSn0w.