What's new

Iphone 4 hardware unlocked on T-mobile, should i & how can i upgrade?

philipxcui

Reaction score
I brought my iphone 4 at a T-mobile retailor n it is hardware unlocked running on ios 4.3.3. At first the msg couldnt send pic but i fixed it by watching youtube. When i get the phone the retailor specific told me not to update my ios. I had been very careful of not trying to update it. First of all, I have a app called Furious Mod on my phone n i have no clue what it is.... Secondly, the option jumps out sometimes ask me to accept furious mod, n the phone says No SIM when restart sometimes. Why is dat? Also, I need to know if i can upgrade my ios 4.3.3. to ios5.0.1 or later version n how.

Please help me here.

P.S. I think the hardware unlock might be gevey, i never taken out the sim tray.

haha dont updated to ios5 because u cant unlocked the iso5 right now for the tmobile :)

as for the furiousmod is for unlocked the phone...if u get the gevey ultra pro then u wouldnt do anything :) and no pop out things...

So what you're saying is that you have purchased a GSM iPhone from an actual T-Mobile store? Not to be facetious here... but I find it hard to believe that an "authorized" T-Mobile retailer to sell you an unlocked GSM iPhone.

itSs.bObO said:
haha dont updated to ios5 because u cant unlocked the iso5 right now for the tmobile :)

as for the furiousmod is for unlocked the phone...if u get the gevey ultra pro then u wouldnt do anything :) and no pop out things...

thank you for the short & condensed info. my friend, it's rele helpful. Although if i get the Gevey Ultra Pro, will i have the ppl reinstall ios or jss put the sim tray in n its all done?

Also to thomasjtsi,

Its a retailor, they r selling watever they can to get customers i guess. n it works.

philipxcui said:
I brought my iphone 4 at a T-mobile retailor n it is hardware unlocked running on ios 4.3.3. At first the msg couldnt send pic but i fixed it by watching youtube. When i get the phone the retailor specific told me not to update my ios. I had been very careful of not trying to update it. First of all, I have a app called Furious Mod on my phone n i have no clue what it is.... Secondly, the option jumps out sometimes ask me to accept furious mod, n the phone says No SIM when restart sometimes. Why is dat? Also, I need to know if i can upgrade my ios 4.3.3. to ios5.0.1 or later version n how.

Please help me here.

P.S. I think the hardware unlock might be gevey, i never taken out the sim tray.

You can upgrade to 5.0.1 but you would have to PRESERVE your baseband is order for your iPhone to be unlocked also in order for furious mod to work you need GEVEY SIM ULTRA

itSs.bObO said:
iso5 sucks.......4.3.3 is the best...

Lol, let me know when they update it into de one u like so in the main time i will stick w/ my 4.3.3. :)

I personally love 5.1 OS:) and love how whatever I put in phone now goes seamlessly into my iPad:)

njshoremom4gurlz said:
T mobile have u an unlocked phone w no sim?
Did u get service w them?

My iphone 4 got sim, lol
N i probably not gonna switch to ios5 soon cuz tmobile dont have unlock for ios5 yet, but let me know when they do :)