What's new

iphone 4 5.0.1 jailbreak problems

figurehead

Reaction score
Hello to all, I am new to this site....

I read the instructions on searching for an answer in past forums and didn't find one, so that is why i am posting this new thread....if i missed something i apologize....

Ok...downloaded the latest version of redsn0w, watched the video on how to jailbreak...did everything correctly (holding down the power button and home button at the prompted times)....I have tried this several times....when i get to the "waiting for reboot" page my phone turns back on normal and nothing gets installed....is there something that i am missing or doing wrong???? any help or information would be greatly appreciated....thanx

have your phone hooked to computer, if your using the latest redsnow then hit jailbreak, it will load a few things, then turn phone off.
then push next on Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 it will state phone needs to be off, push next but be ready to push power button. follow the promts and you should be golden. make sure you are using the redsnow above. if not you will have to add the ispw in the extra section.

Thanks for responding...I read your reply, and I have tried all that you suggested. I have the latest version of redsn0w 0.9.10b3, my phone is hooked up to my laptop (Windows) via usb, I opened up redsn0w, and selected "run as administrator"... the file opens, my phone is turned off, I select jailbreak, it prompts to be sure my phone is off and plugged into the usb port of my computer, as I stated...it is, then I click Next..I hold down the Power button for 3 sec. then hold down the Home button without releasing the Power button until the next step which I then release the Power button still holding the Home button, the next screen appears which says "Please wait while your build is being identified" and "waiting for reboot" I am not taken any further in the program as far as the next step to install Cydia.... After this point my phone has turned back on and is the same as it was when I began...thus it's not jailbroken....anyway, this is still where I am at....so if there are any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.....thanks again.....

figurehead said:
Thanks for responding...I read your reply, and I have tried all that you suggested. I have the latest version of redsn0w 0.9.10b3, my phone is hooked up to my laptop (Windows) via usb, I opened up redsn0w, and selected "run as administrator"... the file opens, my phone is turned off, I select jailbreak, it prompts to be sure my phone is off and plugged into the usb port of my computer, as I stated...it is, then I click Next..I hold down the Power button for 3 sec. then hold down the Home button without releasing the Power button until the next step which I then release the Power button still holding the Home button, the next screen appears which says "Please wait while your build is being identified" and "waiting for reboot" I am not taken any further in the program as far as the next step to install Cydia.... After this point my phone has turned back on and is the same as it was when I began...thus it's not jailbroken....anyway, this is still where I am at....so if there are any suggestions to what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.....thanks again.....

You should try downloading the firmware (ipsw) and when being on redsn0w before hitting jailbreak point it extras and select your ipsw file a lot of people say you don't have to but I had the same problem and that was the only thing that made the jailbreak go thru

ok try this, plug the phone in and put it in dfu mode yourself without promts, hold power and home for about 10 seconds or till apple screen disappears, hold for a few more seconds, keep holding home for about 10 seconds and let go, phone should be in dfu mode. if you have sound turned on your computer listen to for the phone disconect on the power/home then the reconnect on the home only. then run redsnow.