What's new

iPhone 3GS without SIM upgraded to iOS 5 & now can't get past activation setup.

JeloRoc

Reaction score
I have a used iPhone 3GS that I've been using as an "iPod touch" for the last year or so. Last night I decided to upgrade to iOS 5. Now I'm getting the activation setup screens (which I wasn't expecting). I have since lost the SIM so I'm unable to activate it or do anything else with it. Any ideas on how to get past the activation process just so I could use it as an "iPod touch" again? And as a side question - is all of my data (emails, notes, photos, etc.) likely to be gone from the iPhone now? (It appears that my apps and songs are still on iTunes.)

Thanks.

Once you connect to wifi press the home button and 3 options will show, select emergency call. Dial 114 or ***Moderation Notice*** and when it begins to ring hold the sleep button until the slide to turn off shows. Then press the home button. And you should go to the home screen. After that you have to jailbreak it in order to prevent it from reverting to the setup screen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you connect to wifi press the home button and 3 options will show, select emergency call. Dial ***Moderation Notice*** and when it begins to ring hold the sleep button until the slide to turn off shows. Then press the home button. And you should go to the home screen. After that you have to jailbreak it in order to prevent it from reverting to the setup screen again.
Thank you. That worked and I can now access the home screen...although, sadly it looks as if all my data is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you connect to wifi press the home button and 3 options will show, select emergency call. Dial 114 or ***Moderation Notice*** and when it begins to ring hold the sleep button until the slide to turn off shows. Then press the home button. And you should go to the home screen. After that you have to jailbreak it in order to prevent it from reverting to the setup screen again.
While I understand that you're trying to assist... please DO NOT direct our members to dial an emergency number then hang up. This is illegal and should not be used for any reason other than in an emergency situation.

my problem same as above. till now, it do not work. what is means by "moderation notice"?