What's new

Iphone 3gs in recovery loop desperate for help!

someone1017

Reaction score
I'm trying to fix an iphone 3gs, its used and i didn't have clue that it was jailbroken, when i tried turning it on for the first time it came up with the itunes and usb cable so i tried updating it. i came to realize that it is jailbroken and later find out the firmware is 5.0.1 beta2 or _9A04 or some *stuff*. It all new to me. But i tried using a bunch of programs to kick it out of recovery mode with no success, i tried using redsnow to load another firmware into it again with no prevail. The only glimpse of hope i found was recovery fix in redsnow but it required the 5.0.1_9A04 firmware and after searching the internet I couldn't find it any where. I have tried all i could find on the internet, so if anyone that has a better understanding could help It would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
This a family forum. Please keep the language rated G.

Language.

You can download 5.0.1 iOS IPSW below.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

Chances are, that won't fix it. The only way to fix it without updating to iOS 6.0.1 is to use the SHSH blobs saved on the Cydia servers. Use TinyUmbrella to retrieve it by manually putting in the ECID of the iPhone 3GS if your computer isn't recognizing the iPhone.

Put the device into DFU mode, download the iOS 6.0.1 IPSW if you can't get the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.X for the 3GS, and restore through iTunes by shift+click Restore. Or you can use the Restore feature in RedSn0w. Extra > Even More > Restore. Click "IPSW" and point it to the 6.0.1 IPSW (or 5.X IPSW if you have the blobs for them), click remote for SHSH blob retrieval. Say "yes" to the warnings that your baseband will be updated, that you're currently on iOS 5.X and upgrading to iOS 5.X or 6, and just let the restore run.

didn't worked said somthing failed to install (I tried restoring to the 6..0.1 using redsnow)

It would really help to provide the error number, or the entire message on the pop-up.

I know sorry I'm trying to redo it so i can give you that info but its not coming on at the moment give me a sec

ok retried and got further than previous it is now frozen,the iphone is at the apple sign with loading bar at zero percent (no white), and red snow has a pop saying waiting for NAND with the loading bar full.