What's new

Ipad and facetime

Bobik

Reaction score
Ok I have a stupid question.

If I have 2 Ipads2, in order to use face time, I have to call that person telephone number???

how does it work???

I know with iphone you need to cal the persons number

can some one explain how does face time works without making phone calls, please

you would have contacts and then select the one you want and press the facetime button.. you can call first but its easier to just press facetime

ok, so what if I have no service on one of my iphone4, and I want to use it via wifi, how does one call to another without a number?

or better I have no service on any of my iphones4, how do I call???

Last edited:
there is a facetime button in the contact you can use instead you dont need a phone number..

I dont get it. How would it know to which phone to connect?

ok say I want to facetime you. I don't know your tell number, so how do I do it?

it seems t me that calling to email is the only option, but how do i set it up?

when i went into the apple store and held the ipad 2 the contacts where set up by email.. but every one i have facetimed with on my iphone i have their number as well so i dont know.. i assume on the ipad its done by email .. maybe some one can confirm

yes, ipad2 is but I belive there is a way to set up i4 with an email, I just dont think it will work without a sim card.

well on the ip4 you get a facetime button on the contact so you sont have to ring them first then use facetime just facetime straight away, maybe that uses the email