What's new

ios 6.01 jailbroken. time zone bug: stuck on GMT

Acekiller

Reaction score
After doing the evasion jailbreak, my time zone is stuck on GMT (doesn't matter what city i set, it still say GMT) and when I set the time manually, it won't allow my iMessages .. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it without totally restoring the phone? Any help is greatly appreciated! I have searched for other people with this issue but couldn't find anything..

I tried resetting network setting and resetting location&privacy. Also did hard reboot/reset as well.

On a different topic, my weather app crashes every time I open it, but it is not as critical as the GMT.

Settings > General > Date & Time. Turn off Set Automatically. Then you should see "GMT" next to Time Zone. Look up your city/state/country and select it. Then turn Set Automatically back on.

As for the Weather.app, that's a known bug that the Dev Team is working on.

Settings > General > Date & Time. Turn off Set Automatically. Then you should see "GMT" next to Time Zone. Look up your city/state/country and select it. Then turn Set Automatically back on.

As for the Weather.app, that's a known bug that the Dev Team is working on.

it doesn't work. I can put japan, china, usa, england, it doesn't matter, it still say GMT no matter what. It stays on GMT even before I switch back to "automatic"

Worked for all the device's I've done so far.

Try Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Setting Time Zone

Turn it off and on and off