What's new

Ios 5

jwerner15

Reaction score
To those that have the beta version does it feel good and what r Some of the improvements or changes

I don't know if it's any different on the iPhones, but at some points it's very smooth and at others it's a bit laggy. I really like the notifications.

I don't know if it's any different on the iPhones, but at some points it's very smooth and at others it's a bit laggy. I really like the notifications.

It's still at a beta stage. It will surely get better.

yeah imessage is sweet..

whats up with that magazine app that it does not let you put it in a folder? Its basically a second ibooks app that comes with the phone and wont go away

Do you need another device on the betas to message with? I haven't seen imessage anywhere?

I noticed that about the newsstand as well. I think it's because it's a sort of folder anyway. Another annoying thing I've noticed is that when auto correct corrects you the little x can't be pushed, so your stuck with having it 'corrected'...

I'm not sure about this but I thing that the iMessage work withother iDevices also on iOS 5. And I've hear that it's also a free service.

thats a good Question Gaz.. well imessage is the normal text icon and notice in the settings it says use imessage so when you have that turned on i assume its working and sending free texts to any idevice.. i will ask in the dev forums to confirm

Yeah it's turned on in the settings. Haven't noticed anything else about it...

I was reading on gizmodo that it is pretty easy to update to iOS5? Since you guys have done this is it easy? Every one is running with Verizon? I want to try it my self but don't want to screw up my phone!

You need to sign up as a developer and pay the $99 yearly subscription to get access to the betas.

Or if you know any developers you could ask them to activate your UDID for you. You would still need to find the iTunes and iOS 5 betas...