What's new

Internet problems

4Sdan

Reaction score
Hi all. Over the last 3 days I've not been able to get Internet whilst at my house. It's connected because I have the "E" showing along the top bar but it won't load anything (I can't get 3G here for some reason). It only does it whilst I'm at home, if I go out its fine or if I'm anywhere other than home it's brilliant. I have phoned vodafone twice who have tried doing various resets but to no success so I'm at a lost end. Any ideas would be great fully appreciated 😃

Is your network listed when you attempt to connect to it on Wifi through your phone? Attempt to reset the network/wifi settings in Settings > General. If that doesn't work, perform a fresh restore of iOS 6.1.3 onto your device.

Thanks for your reply. Yes vodafone is listed as the network when I go in to settings. How do I perform a restore of the current software?

Ah we were referring to the data network and not the Wifi network. Misinterpretted. The E in the corner dysnfd for Edge, and if the device is going into Edge, that might mean that the signal strength near your home isn't as strong, possibly because of interference from neighboring buildings. Edge is pretty much "2G network" if you will

Ah we were referring to the data network and not the Wifi network. Misinterpretted. The E in the corner dysnfd for Edge, and if the device is going into Edge, that might mean that the signal strength near your home isn't as strong, possibly because of interference from neighboring buildings. Edge is pretty much "2G network" if you will

Yes sorry I meant mobile data rather than wifi. I very rarely get 3G in my village. It's either edge or the dreaded 'o' not sure what that means but it is very slow. I have always had a slow connection but these last 3 days I've had nothing but if I drive a mile down the road it all comes back. The loss of entire connection has only recently happened in the last 3 days or so even though I have 'E' displayed along the top bar which to me would suggest I have Internet but it doesn't load anything

The 'o' is basically 1G, even slower than Edge's 2G. I'd ask if Vodafone or affiliated networks are doing work around the area, which may be the cause of bad signal. Otherwise, it's the distance from the nearest cell tower. The further you are or more discreet you are in comparison to a cell tower, the harder it is for your device to grab a decent signal, especially data.