What's new

Internet on Iphone?

Pudders

Reaction score
My contract gives me 750mb of internet and when I asked the guy at Vodafone what that is, he replied that he uses his phone to check emails, facebook and other stuff!
I asked him what's it in English! and he couldn't answer with a straight answer, so could someone who knows tell me?!

Am I better off connecting to wifi spot thus not using my internet or is this pointless?

Regards

Old dog new tricks!

Not sure I understand that question "whats it in English?"

But basically if you just check you're emails and do some light browsing then 750MB is plenty of data for you, some carriers only offer 500mb of it and its enough for people so really it depends how much you intend to use that 3G connection

"What's it in English" refers to me not knowing what amount of data is used per time. e.g a song download is 1mb and so on..

ah well what would you be using the 3g connection for? other then buying songs from itunes?

each song is around 4-10MB? it should tell you the file sizes when downloading so you know the amount of data you are using :)

ah well what would you be using the 3g connection for? other then buying songs from ?

I use 3g because that what it says on the screen!
Sorry if a little vein but this is all so new and out of my comfort zone, until I get use to it!

so really you are using what is available to you at the time!

and while it says 3G on you're device what kind of things do you do that use the internet? do you check mail? use skype? use any app that uses up data? browse the internet? use maps?

so really you are using what is available to you at the time!

and while it says 3G on you're device what kind of things do you do that use the internet? do you check mail? use skype? use any app that uses up data? browse the internet? use maps?

Yes I use what ever the phone says! I just check email, play games and just mess about, I have navfree but haven't tried it yet. So when it says 3g and I'm not running anything, to me knowledge anyway, is it using data?

Last edited:
well some apps can use data with out you even knowing it but by the sounds of things that 750MB will be plenty for you, even 500MB would.

NavFree sucks btw I would not rely on that thing for anything, even though its free it does not know half of the roads out there so I would never put my trust in that thing

well some apps can use data with out you even knowing it but by the sounds of things that 750MB will be plenty for you, even 500MB would.

NavFree sucks btw I would not rely on that thing for anything, even though its free it does not know half of the roads out there so I would never put my trust in that thing

Is there any way of knowing if an App is using data?

what apps do you have? usually apps that rely on connecting for leader board scores or need game centre or ones like the weather or stocks that need to connect to fetch data from the internet

I have games and ones I know which use data so I try and use these when in a wifi spot. Is there a symbol to show that data or the internet is being accessed?

well if you go into the data usage you can reset it each month and see how much you are using, not sure if there is an apps tore app to do this

Go to settings and click wifi yes there are hot spots mcdonalds is one Starbucks etc there's an app that finds them for you...
Whenever I'm by wifi I use wifi like at home:)
3G I have the 2g plan I haven't pushed that but ......go to your data n look at how much you use daily ... Mine varies day to day basis.
Good luck:)

Many gps charge monthly fee I use the map on the phone without any problems ;)
Usually 30 days free than the charge comes... Personally I prefer a garmin and now new cars are equipped w all the goodies lol