What's new

IMessage

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, HTC uses android and windows mobile OSs.

thanks just making sure

IMessage is another way of ''Texting'' to people who have Iphone, or either another Apple Product.
I think this app should be welcome for Android and HTC too.
As there are many, Androids and HTC Smartphones.
HTC hasn't thought of any Texting apps yet, Even though they are just phone producers and run on Windows & Android.
Android has got Viber.
Now Apple have got IMessage.
I wonder who's coming up with that next?
Maybe Nokia will improve there Xpress smartphone.

i understand the point you are trying to make, well kinda. you are trying to say that since apple produced the free message app you want other frimwares such as android to do it. htc doesnt produce the operating system. it is simply using windows or droid. just want to make things clear.

p3unit32 said:
Really.. I never had a BB plan, and still used it.

I think it works off an internal blackberry network because mom uses it with friends and one time her friends phone was suspended but bbm still worked.

As far as imessage, I was looking forward to it to talk to my lil bros and some friends. U just can't beat unlimited text though unless you're out of service range n have wifi.

Last edited:
You don't always need Wi-fi to use Imessage.
IMessage is built-in the Iphone 5 Messaging system.
If you aren't connected to WiFi you can just use your 3G Internet System.
So, You can talk to your friends 24/7.

Come on 28Votes?
You can do better.
Start voting NOW!
Don't waste time reading all of the posts.

IOSIphone said:
You don't always need Wi-fi to use Imessage.
IMessage is built-in the Iphone 5 Messaging system.
If you aren't connected to WiFi you can just use your 3G Internet System.
So, You can talk to your friends 24/7.

Come on 28Votes?
You can do better.
Start voting NOW!
Don't waste time reading all of the posts.

Do you know what the reason was / is for Verizon and the like to limit Face Time, Skype, etc. for use on a wifi network rather than having the choice to use 3G or wifi?

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

tlbaker said:
Do you know what the reason was / is for Verizon and the like to limit Face Time, Skype, etc. for use on a wifi network rather than having the choice to use 3G or wifi?

Skype doesn't require a wifi network to work. Verizon just wants the control. I just don't get it myself.

iCrank said:
Skype doesn't require a wifi network to work. Verizon just wants the control. I just don't get it myself.

Yeah. Especially if you are on an unlimited plan they probably don't want you to use their data.

tlbaker said:
Yeah. Especially if you are on an unlimited plan they probably don't want you to use their data.

But if you think about it, it's stupid. FaceTime needs a revamp and locking it to wifi doesn't help make it spectacular I'd rather use a third party app like Skype because of this issue. We have unlimited plans (well some of us) but i say let me choose how I use my data. If sprint unlocks FaceTime over 3G that will just be another reason why I switch back.

tlbaker said:

That's ridiculous!!!! What's data for if not to use????

iCrank said:
But if you think about it, it's stupid. FaceTime needs a revamp and locking it to wifi doesn't help make it spectacular I'd rather use a third party app like Skype because of this issue. We have unlimited plans (well some of us) but i say let me choose how I use my data. If sprint unlocks FaceTime over 3G that will just be another reason why I switch back.

I agree... Except the Sprint part. Not enough coverage with them for me.

iCrank said:

Question? Why doesn't FaceTime work using the providers LTE, or 3G+ service if Skype works?

p3unit32 said:
Question? Why doesn't FaceTime work using the providers LTE, or 3G+ service if Skype works?

I truly believe it's because they don't want us to use excess data especially on the unlimited plans. Similar to throttling.

tlbaker said:
I truly believe it's because they don't want us to use excess data especially on the unlimited plans. Similar to throttling.

Makes since. I was told by an AT&T rep that the reason for the capped data plans was because to many people using far to much data, whatever that is. Something about it interfering with the DoD communications, so the FCC told them to cap their data plans.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but let's start our own thread. We completely hijacked this thread. I am guilty I admit.

iCrank said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but let's start our own thread. We completely hijacked this thread. I am guilty I admit.

Ha ha. No problem.

im planning on getting the sprint 4s but in ny metro i get good service. even in the tri state it gets good service.