What's new

iMessage problem.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an issue where i can't receive or send iMessages in IOS 8 away from wifi even though i have a data allowance, I have googled and done the usual things but not coming up with the answer.
Ideas anyone?

Last edited:
What do you find in Settings - Cellular?
Does it look like my screenshot (Voice & Data), or is there something like LTE, or Enable LTE instead of Voice & Data?
image.jpg

What do you find in Settings - Cellular?
Does it look like my screenshot (Voice & Data), or is there something like LTE, or Enable LTE instead of Voice & Data?
View attachment 18904
Just went through all the fixes I found again and as a last resort I reset the network settings again and it seems to have worked this time.....Fingers crossed :)

My phone is acting strangely today.
Now I'm getting a random voice message with text on a black screen and the voice says something like....
Ivy I didn't hear what you said.
Anyone know how to stop that?

This is only happening since I reset my network settings.

Did you recently update your iPhone or change anything just before this strange behaviour started?

Its as if Siri thinks I'm asking something.

Just read an article that thinks its something to do with the "Hey Siri" feature that can be turned off.
Looks feasible because it also says the iPhone has to be plugged in for that feature and it was as I was charging it.

Just read an article that thinks its something to do with the "Hey Siri" feature that can be turned off.
Looks feasible because it also says the iPhone has to be plugged in for that feature and it was as i was charging it.
Let us know if turning off "Hey Siri" fixes the problem.

Maybe Siri is picking up some random noise around the house and interpreting it as a request of some kind?

I will, I just plugged it back in and said Hey Siri and the voice asked me what can I help you with, I kept quiet and it said...I didn't quite get that.
It seems that it can pick up ambient sounds in the room and can think you are are asking Siri something.
Interesting eh :)