What's new

IMEI unlocking... legit?

spinnell

Reaction score
Hello all,

My mother recently purchased a used 3gs that I helped her set up on Net10. Everything was fine UNTIL she updated!! She is now running 6.1.3. Through extensive googling I have found no solution, no jailbreak, etc. I am wondering now, does the IMEI unlock work?! I have seen a few 'reviews' for IMEI unlocking. Some say the number is submitted to Apple to be put on their "white list", once that is done you only need to connect to iTunes, update and restore, done. While others say its submitted to the carrier (at&t) and then to Apple, who will email you an unlock code. Then you must update and restore. Has anyone had any experience good or bad with any of these websites?? I really want to help my mom out, she was excited to move from a crap straight talk phone to a smart phone :( Any advice is much appreciated!!

Some I have read good reviews of:

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to restore the device. Simply deactivating it and activate it again and you're set assuming the IMEI unlock went through.

We only recommend ApplenBerry and original carriers here on iPhoneForums. Other sites are at your own risk. As per the sites you've listed, they provide services for stolen and lost devices as well as selling jailbreak services, and we don't, under any circumstances, endorse/support the use of a stolen or lost device, regardless of whether you paid for it or not. Return it to the original owner as you would like someone to yours, and demand your payment back if your purchased it. Jailbreaks are also free.

IMEI/carrier/factory unlocks are all permanent unlocks, regardless of how you upgrade, downgrade, restore, the unlock is still there. If the site was legitimate, they'd perform the process for you and won't just send you the unlock codes, otherwise, it's not worth the service if you have to put work into it.

An IMEI Unlock Is Permanent

An IMEI unlock is registered on the Apple database and means that the handset is unlocked, permanently. There are no restrictions or limitations, operating software can be updated as soon as available from Apple. Any worry about reversing your unlock is removed.

Use Any Sim On Any Network, Worldwide

With an unlocked iPhone you can change carriers without buying a new phone. This means you can take advantage of the best service package for your current needs. Then if your needs change, you can change providers

Global Connections

Factory Unlocking your iPhone will also meain it can be used in even more countries around the globe as well as being a more valuable resale item.

No Special Software Required

You dont required any special kind of softwares to do factory unlock iphone. Simpaly connect your iPhone with iTunes to unlock it. Its easy and also dont void apple warranty.

Fast and Easy

An IMEI 'factory' unlock is the easiest way to unlock your iPhone. All we require is the 15 digit IMEI number and once processed the rest is automatic.