What's new

Icons on Iphone 3gs

albionsblade

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a problem getting my icons skinned on the 3gs, I'm starting to think it is a 3gs specific problem. I've got rid of my lock bar by a lot of jiggery-pokery but all the files were renamed from what a tutorial gave, I'm thinking the same happened with icon files.
If anyone knows more about this it would be appreciated I'm not that technical but know just enough to get myself in real bother.

Are you taking about theming. You must provide the bundle identifier for e theme to theme an app icon. The bundle ID is located in the apps into.plist.

I get a theme put it into my themes folder (tried a dozen or more themes) launch winterboard and the theme comes out but most the icons aren't skinned. I've checked in the theme's folder and the icons for the theme are there but on the phone most the icon skins remain standard.

Edit: Just to also say if I replace one of the icon files that are working with a self made icon it works so there seems to be nothing wrong with the icon format.

Last edited:
albionsblade said:
I get a theme put it into my themes folder (tried a dozen or more themes) launch winterboard and the theme comes out but most the icons aren't skinned. I've checked in the theme's folder and the icons for the theme are there but on the phone most the icon skins remain standard.

Edit: Just to also say if I replace one of the icon files that are working with a self made icon it works so there seems to be nothing wrong with the icon format.

I have had this problem with a theme before. Few thing you can try. Like changing the name "[email protected]" to "[email protected]".

Or changing "Icon.png" to "icon.png".

@2x.png files are for retina display only,